who's going to vote hoffa out

who with me in dumping hoffa

• Total voters

Ibt804Hammer

705red really knows his stuff. I still stand by Sandy 100% and wish her the best. She has an open invitation , along with the other two, to come speak at our local. I know she will show, I hope the others do.

ups clerk

Remember Tom L that guy never had a chance and he ran three times. Sandy Pope will suffer the same fate.
I don't think so for several reasons. One Sandy Pope started running in a grass roots camapign and it had snowballed big time where everyone is starting to know her name. Second a third person is running on another slate so this will offset the votes that Hoffa would normally get. Remember the third person running used to work for Hoffa, and he quit, apparently disgusted with Hoff's shenanigans. What does that tell you about Hoffa.
I swear if Hoffa wins, there are a lot of people who voted, basically following like sheep, or the voting was rigged in Hoffa's favor.
If Sandy Pope loses by a small margain, I would demand a recount.

hembone

I don't think so for several reasons. One Sandy Pope started running in a grass roots camapign and it had snowballed big time where everyone is starting to know her name. Second a third person is running on another slate so this will offset the votes that Hoffa would normally get. Remember the third person running used to work for Hoffa, and he quit, apparently disgusted with Hoff's shenanigans. What does that tell you about Hoffa.
I swear if Hoffa wins, there are a lot of people who voted, basically following like sheep, or the voting was rigged in Hoffa's favor.
If Sandy Pope loses by a small margain, I would demand a recount.
How ignorant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then I suggest you not vote at all, since you obviously have no idea what Hoffa is doing. No alternative? Are you :censored2: kidding me?

I mentioned the names Sandy Pope and Fred Gregare at my center the other day and I got a collective "huh?" in return. Hoffa will win based on name recognition alone. I then hope that he will step aside and let hall run the show.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I mentioned the names Sandy Pope and Fred Gregare at my center the other day and I got a collective "huh?" in return. Hoffa will win based on name recognition alone. I then hope that he will step aside and let hall run the show.
Why would he be any different? If anything, he has stood there and allowed Hoffa to inflate his ego on our backs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would he be any different? If anything, he has stood there and allowed Hoffa to inflate his ego on our backs.

Who do you think negotiates out contracts? Hoffa? hall is the chief negotiater. Hoffa simply signs off on the agreement.

I wish there was someone else who could step forward and take control of the Teamsters but there simply isn't. Besides, it doesn't really matter how we vote in Plattsburgh or Black River--it is the metropolitan areas that decide.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Who do you think negotiates out contracts? Hoffa? hall is the chief negotiater. Hoffa simply signs off on the agreement.I wish there was someone else who could step forward and take control of the Teamsters but there simply isn't. Besides, it doesn't really matter how we vote in Plattsburgh or Black River--it is the metropolitan areas that decide.
I understand he negotiates, and that it really doesn't matter, but he has allowed Hoffa to be Hoffa.

bluehdmc

Funny how this poll seems to have an overwhelming majority voting Hoffa out. Of course this isn't a "random poll" but I wonder if Hoffa is watching?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Funny how this poll seems to have an overwhelming majority voting Hoffa out. Of course this isn't a "random poll" but I wonder if Hoffa is watching?
Of course he is. But, he doesn't care because he knows he has it in the bag. If he didn't, then he might worry.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Confronting him at any point along the way would have been political suicide.

I disagree 100% with this statement Dave. Hall is the big name on this ticket, Halls name carries the vote. Gegare committed career suicide by going along with the CS pension buy out at the time without being vocal against it.. Now he comes out against it and looks like a hypocrite. I would rather go down fighting for whats right rather than going along for the ride.

The labor movement is under attack, everyone has paid holidays, medical beneits, maternity leave, vacation, decent wages etc. Thats because of the labor movement and if it disappears, guess what else will disappear?

I will be voting for everyone on the Hoffa ticket except for Hoffa. Thats out of loyalty for my dear friend Steve whos name will remain on the ballot come Nov. But also because Steve wouldnt have been a guy that would sit by and let his voice be silenced, and i feel Sean OBrien is made from the same cloth.I cant vote for 5 more years of the same, and im willing to gamble and hope that Sandy will be better. Is there a chance she could be worse, maybe but at this point and willing to chance it and try to fight rather than sit by idle and hope for the best. Where has that gotten us the last 5 years?????

hembone

I see that happening. I don't think Hoffa has any thoughts of finishing another 5 year term.

bigblu 2 you

unless i missed something,gregare said he tried to talk hoffa out of the c.s pension buyout.did you hear his nomination speech?he said it would be a tsunami wiating to happen.

705red

Browncafe Steward
unless i missed something,gregare said he tried to talk hoffa out of the c.s pension buyout.did you hear his nomination speech?he said it would be a tsunami wiating to happen.

Anyone can say anything after the fact! What did he say when it was happening? Absolutely nothing!