Who's selling?

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I'm not either, it's out of sight out of mind. Rolled the old Thrift Plan into the stock, put in $ weekly. I'm satisfied, hoping for a stock split in the future. If not, I'm happy with the strong consistent divideds.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The whole market is at ATH. I just cashed out some BAC Jan calls at $15 strikes I bought for .75 in March. Going to hold the profits and wait for a dip to add to my cores

Cementups

Box Monkey
I should really start buying stock.
Not buying stock when it was first offered is one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. I'd be stupid rich now if I had. :/

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I agree. Mines getting to be enough for a very nice date night with the wife. Although I'm thinking about using the divedends and grievance money for a 529 fund for my daughter.
I agree the market is due. I've been in for enough that the divided check can pay for a couple of mortgage payments. But, I roll it into the stock. I'm happy with the results.

rod

Retired 22 years
I should really start buying stock.
Not buying stock when it was first offered is one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. I'd be stupid rich now if I had. :/

I think it was something like $26 a share when first offered to hourlies. The most I ever had was 2,000 shares.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree. Mines getting to be enough for a very nice date night with the wife. Although I'm thinking about using the divedends and grievance money for a 529 fund for my daughter.

Personally, I would reinvest the dividends and fund the 529 with grievance money.

I have 529's going for each of my grandchildren----$50 each per month----which should give them about $10K each when they start college, which may be just enough to buy one textbook.

badpal

I think it was something like $26 a share when first offered to hourlies. The most I ever had was 2,000 shares.
That old 6 dollar a week thrift plan worked out ok didn't it Rod ? I would have to dig out some cost basis paperwork, but sure some of mine shows less than 20 dollars a share cost basis, but that was adjusted after the split. I have done the opposite of what all the smart boys say to do, I have kept all my eggs in one basket. And I do realize that might ruin me in the end, but what the heck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was unable to take advantage of the IPO and do not own any company stock. I have instead chosen to focus on Apple. I have just under 750 shares, the bulk of which were purchased at or around $95/share. It is a decent dividend stock that I plan to hold on to.

badpal

I was unable to take advantage of the IPO and do not own any company stock. I have instead chosen to focus on Apple. I have just under 750 shares, the bulk of which were purchased at or around $95/share. It is a decent dividend stock that I plan to hold on to.
Years ago when we were delivering all those 3 or 4 box computer systems, i remember gateway, dell and apple all being under 20 a share , at that time apple seemed to be the weakest of the bunch. Sadly of the 3, I bought a couple hundred shares of gateway instead.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't look at my company stock as an investment but more as a glorified savings account.

At $50 a week I've managed to save enough to pay cash for a nice new daily driver if I wanted to or one hell of a head start on my kids education fund. Or just something for a rainy day should it be needed.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
That old 6 dollar a week thrift plan worked out ok didn't it Rod ? I would have to dig out some cost basis paperwork, but sure some of mine shows less than 20 dollars a share cost basis, but that was adjusted after the split. I have done the opposite of what all the smart boys say to do, I have kept all my eggs in one basket. And I do realize that might ruin me in the end, but what the heck.

I remember we did everything we could think of to get the company to let us put in more than 6 bucks a week --especially during those 20-22% return on your investment years. Instead of letting us contribute more they put a cap on how much we could earn. Meanwhile management was making out like fat rats getting their stock bonuses. Many a center manager was an instant millionaire when UPS went public. Us hourlies did ok too--but NO WHERE near how good it turned out for management.