Who's Stupid Idea Was "Stops Per Car"?

deleted9

Thanks for the entertainment. I am jealous of your comedic prowess. You were born and "bread" to amuse others it would seem.

I shared your DIAD message cost information with our driver group at the pcm this morning. It was nice to start the day with a good laugh.

If I could ask a follow up question so I fully grasp what your superior management mind is trying to convey.

Cutting routes means there will be fewer of the costly messages being sent for some reason right?

I didn't receive or send any messages today. How many extra routes will we be able to put on tomorrow because of the savings?

I am glad you enjoy my humor, but if you know anything about ups, they analyze everything and if they can save a penny they will. I doubt very much that you were able to disrupt a pcm though.

BrownArmy

2units, I wish you would call our center regarding the text messages...they send out frivolous messages a plenty, reminding us to basically do our job (containerize your smalls, make sure you deliver the NDA savers by 1500 - no s@#T!, it's raining so slow down, etc. etc.). It's so goofy.

Is it true that it's about $0.40 per text? UPS needs a better carrier, or we should get our own satellite array...

Re-Raise

2units, I wish you would call our center regarding the text messages...they send out frivolous messages a plenty, reminding us to basically do our job (containerize your smalls, make sure you deliver the NDA savers by 1500 - no s@#T!, it's raining so slow down, etc. etc.). It's so goofy.

Is it true that it's about $0.40 per text? UPS needs a better carrier, or we should get our own satellite array...

At $45 an hour they are paying us $0.75 a minute to read these stupid things also.

Re-Raise

I am glad you enjoy my humor, but if you know anything about ups, they analyze everything and if they can save a penny they will. I doubt very much that you were able to disrupt a pcm though.

Yeah I am usually too timid to say anything.

Sometimes I feel a little bad for pointing out the stupid things you say because you seem to be really old.

Sort of like how you let the people in the nursing home slide when they call you by the wrong name.

But then I remember how arrogant you are and I get over it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

My guess is UPS indeed pays the $.40 per text.
The catch being they do own their own array and are charging themselves in the interest of righting it off for tax purposes.
The typical big business shell game.

deleted9

Sometimes the ctr team is dictated from above about what to send out, if you think about it, you will realize that it is also an accountability tool in case a driver does not do their job properly, they can never say that they were not told or reminded. Its been a while but if i remember correctly in one of my centers it cost about $1100 to $1200 a month for the messages, of course that would vary by the size of the ctr and of course how many messages went out and back.

deleted9

Sometimes I feel a little bad for pointing out the stupid things you say because you seem to be really old.

Sort of like how you let the people in the nursing home slide when they call you by the wrong name.

But then I remember how arrogant you are and I get over it.

Not arrogant just knowledgeable. Also its a little disturbing about the amount of negative people and bad mouthing that goes on in the bc about the company that puts food on their table, pays their rent or mortgage, gives them paid time off and pays their medical bills.....its actually astounding....... then i realize that the reason they stay is because they have nothing else. As far as old i probably feel younger than you at least it seems that way by all the complaining you do. Also i am not old at all i was just able to retire early because i could afford it. UPS made that possible.

deleted9

I do not think you are timid this whole BC is full of electronic tough guys, just read some of the posts you will have to agree....LOL

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Not arrogant just knowledgeable. Also its a little disturbing about the amount of negative people and bad mouthing that goes on in the bc about the company that puts food on their table, pays their rent or mortgage, gives them paid time off and pays their medical bills.....its actually astounding....... then i realize that the reason they stay is because they have nothing else. As far as old i probably feel younger than you at least it seems that way by all the complaining you do. Also i am not old at all i was just able to retire early because i could afford it. UPS made that possible.
hold on there Dr knowitall,, some of us realize the current status qou will bring the co and our future pension check down with it....your retired? so you have now idea what the work environment is like now,,your opinion is null,,,and your on this site so who has nothing else?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hold on there Dr knowitall,, some of us realize the current status qou will bring the co and our future pension check down with it....your retired? so you have now idea what the work environment is like now,,your opinion is null,,,and your on this site so who has nothing else?????

Isn't it ironic that you are busting on 2 Units for the same thing that I catch hell for busting on Rod about?

deleted9

I am not retired that long, with all due respect, i have probably forgotten more than you know. as far as nothing else LOL.... i can multi task one of the benefits i learned from UPS

deleted9

hold on there dr knowitall,, some of us realize the current status qou will bring the co and our future pension check down with it....your retired? So you have now idea what the work environment is like now,,your opinion is null,,,and your on this site so who has nothing else?????

just the facts, just the facts

over9five

Staff member
Sometimes the ctr team is dictated from above about what to send out, if you think about it, you will realize that it is also an accountability tool in case a driver does not do their job properly...

And that works both ways. Also holds the management team responsible to what they say.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

They don't seem to see all the money they are wasting. They analyze paperwork. Get out on the street.

rod

Retired 22 years
Isn't it ironic that you are busting on 2 Units for the same thing that I catch hell for busting on Rod about?

I don't ever recall you getting beat up by anyone because you like to give me a hard time about being retired and still posting. You are way too sensitive cupcake. Personally I think its hilarious. Why don't you tell those two to put each other on ignore. :happy2:

Re-Raise

I haven't learned anything from you from your posts.

I have learned some things about you however. You try to brag about how much money you supposedly have , under the impression that someone on here would care I guess.

You also tell the drivers that the company couldn't care less what they think, apparently believing that your opinion matters to Atlanta.

Talk is cheap, you can brag all you want but the stupidity of your statements shows me what you are really all about.

Did you ever deliver? Did you ever load a truck or were you always a spectator?

deleted9

I haven't learned anything from you from your posts.

I have learned some things about you however. You try to brag about how much money you supposedly have , under the impression that someone on here would care I guess.

You also tell the drivers that the company couldn't care less what they think, apparently believing that your opinion
matters to Atlanta.

Talk is cheap, you can brag all you want but the stupidity of your statements shows me what you are really all about.

Did you ever deliver? Did you ever load a truck or were you always a spectator?

No bragging just proud of what I have accomplished for me and my family..... And yes I was a pre loader and driver.... That's why I know a good number of these posts are garbage........I know what can be done on the road following the methods and working safely...... I also know that with some people they are just complainers not matter what.

Re-Raise

No bragging just proud of what I have accomplished for me and my family..... And yes I was a pre loader and driver.... That's why I know a good number of these posts are garbage........I know what can be done on the road following the methods and working safely...... I also know that with some people they are just complainers not matter what.

I have been with UPS for 25 years. We are running fewer routes now than we were when I was hired.

I am not a complainer. I have a degree in Business Administration. There is nothing UPS can ask me to do that I can't handle.

That doesn't mean that I don't question some of their policies.

Do you remember the push for remote deliveries? We were forced to leave packages in the building each day to meet a set number.

Or how about the self directed work groups? That idea also was abandoned.

Just because you were managemnet doesn't make you the only one who cares about the direction of the company.

Your know-it all attitude pisses me off.