Whos taking next friday off?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you miss both the day before and after a holiday the only chance of getting paid for the holiday is with a doctor's note.

Here you can miss either the day before or the day after and still get paid for holiday. If you miss the day before your holiday pay may be delayed a week because UPS will wait until you work the day after before paying you.

brostalss

Fridays before a holiday are usually gravy for me. Alot of pick ups closed or I pick up early. I keep a few of those a secret.

oldngray

nowhere special
Fridays before a holiday are usually gravy for me. Alot of pick ups closed or I pick up early. I keep a few of those a secret.

Most of those pickups will close early but not announce it in advance. Its the same every year so everyone expects it. Even if they stay open it will usually just be 1 guy in shipping doing nothing because everyone in the office went home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That used to be the case but with the wheel of dispatch, Friday is going to suck as bad as Tuesday.
Tuesday will be worse. The days and peak seasons melt together after awhile. There are very few just horribly crappy workdays that stand out in my mind anymore. One of them was day after memorial day 2011....it was just.....an endless sea of cardboard.