Who's Working New Years Eve (or day)?

kerbinator

I'm driving to 2 pickup boxes an hour and a half away. I did the same thing the day after thanksgiving, drove 3 hours total, picked up 2 packages, tacked on 80 bucks to my holiday pay.

$_$

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
have been told that I have to work, was offered 8 but declined. Just going to do an air run. My poor neglectful manager had planned to send me to the airport with the pickup load, but forgot that I have no badge.

satellitedriver

Not me,
I made over 80K working OT, in 2009.
Time for a short rest.
We were told today that next weeks volume will be so heavy that our center is putting the peak plan back in Monday.
I was off Monday, but put in 11hrs Tues and Wed and that made up more than enough for no pay Monday.
Time is harder to make than money, so I intend to meld with my recliner tomorrow.
It would be selfish of me to work and deprive someone that really needs the extra money.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
Its the life of a combo air driver, someone has to do the dirty work for low pay. 16:30 start time for me :D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I took Monday off so will be working today to make up some of those hours. We are working Code 5 but it is straight time. I was asked if I wanted to start at 0800 and work the preload or 0945--I will be there at 0800. This still leaves the 3 day weekend to relax, catch a movie and shovel a little snow.

Last edited:

Dustyroads

I gave my cell phone number to the 20-something driver who is deliverying in my area today. I'm happy to let the guy work, he's a hard worker and a go getter, and wants the money and the time in a package car.

Like Satellite, I've discovered that time is a lot harder to come by than money these days.

Happy New Year to everyone.

EmerCond421

Day Off. Was "forced" to work the first years. Like other posters have stated, rather have the time off with family - let the youngsters work who may need the $. A 2 hour cut back in start time and still made over 75G.

fethrs

Called in Monday and got some ot Tues and Weds so I went in for 3 1/2 hours today. Regular pay for hours worked, no time and a half here.
Home now, tryiing to decide what to do tonight. Stay home (most likely), go out to a local bar for a while, or go to my cousins place in Rosarito and party hardy... decisions decisions.

Called in Monday and got some ot Tues and Weds so I went in for 3 1/2 hours today. Regular pay for hours worked, no time and a half here.
Home now, tryiing to decide what to do tonight. Stay home (most likely), go out to a local bar for a while, or go to my cousins place in Rosarito and party hardy... decisions decisions.

Or,play the drinking game.