7 But as all these things
came to pass, the Spirit that did
cause man to create his God
lived on within all men: even
within Aqualung.

8 And man saw it not.

9 But for Christ's sake he'd
better start looking.
The God that created music is great, even Aqualung knows.

diesel96

The God that created music is great, even Aqualung knows.

I was "Sitting on a park bench
eyeing little girls with bad intent.
Snot running down my nose with
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes".....when it suddenly dawned on me, if God's son, Jesus were one of us, just a slob like one of us, what color would his skin be and what language would he speak to me ? Would he get profiled at the airport? Would he be allowed to fly ? How would he get around and spread the word? By "you tube" and "twitter"?....If we were young an ask Dad for a Jesus doll, what color and ethnicity do you think he come home with....And would all the kids be singing, "My God's better than your God" or would it be "my God's Darker than your God"....:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes".....when it suddenly dawned on me, if God's son, Jesus were one of us, just a slob like one of us, what color would his skin be and what language would he speak to me ? Would he get profiled at the airport? Would he be allowed to fly ? How would he get around and spread the word? By "you tube" and "twitter"?....If we were young an ask Dad for a Jesus doll, what color and ethnicity do you think he come home with....And would all the kids be singing, "My God's better than your God" or would it be "my God's Darker than your God"....:wink2:

That brings back memories ... been a long time since I listened to Jethro Osbourne.

wkmac

God didn't create Aqualung you "friend"ing idiots, Jethro Tull did!
:happy-very:

God is the personification of man's fear of the unknown in trying to give it all reason and a sense for being in the first place. Or as Marx pointed out,

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions.
Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

I mean if you really wanna stir this pot, well let's really stir this sucka!
:wink2:

wkmac

"IF" Jesus were God's son and was among us, the first thing he'd say to his dad would be,

You maroon, GET ME OFF THIS DAMN PLANET!

And who could blame him!
:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Christians and Jews don't believe in Allah or Brahma. Hindus don't believe in Yahweh or Allah. Muslims don't believe in Brahma or Yahweh. Atheists agree with all of them."
— Mark Thomas
:peaceful: