Why all the hate on upstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheBrown

$35/hr for an job which requires only a HS diploma and driver's license? Where do I sign up?
Maybe in ten years, I'll be there, & will still feel that it wasn't that easy to get to that point..I wasn't able to just sign up at $35/ hr. Some people, Dave, have to start out at UPS the hard way...& pay their dues for years & years, starting at about $35/ day. Scratching, clawing, & fighting day in & day out. It's ok, though. It's taught me many lessons, & looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way.

blkmamba

He's a narcissist in every sense of the word. He not only thrives off the conflict he creates, he needs it to supplement his identity on here.

I don't agree with the contradictions he always posts. Such as he makes up his own "methods" , some of them which are Cardinal sin infractions but has no problem "preaching " how others should be fired for far less mistakes at ups.
His hatred and disdain for the union is another reason he's hypocritical. He will take all the pay and benefits fought for him by that, but will turn around and say how we are all overcompensated in every way and we should be receiving cuts. But those cuts should only apply after his retirement and he has received all of his.

It's not a matter of hate. Hate is a strong word. It's a matter of constant hypocritical stances on almost every aspect on here. Have I agreed with Dave on a few points? Sure. But his overall positions on the important points always reflect his narcissism.
He is right always unless he's wrong but even then he will never admit it.

Other than that, he brings a lot of the grief and making fun jabs on himself. I think subconsciously he likes the attention whether negative or positive.

He reminds me of the Morton Downey Jr of BC.
He's not completely wrong about unions. Unions protect a lot of useless teachers every single day. People who are having an impact on our immediate future are allowed to do the absolute bare minimum because they have unions protecting them.

oldngray

nowhere special
He's not completely wrong about unions. Unions protect a lot of useless teachers every single day. People who are having an impact on our immediate future are allowed to do the absolute bare minimum because they have unions protecting them.

Public employee unions are not the same. The public gets confused when the label union is used and lumps everything together.

I don't know about that but I've often wondered why he is the target of such hatred. He's opinionated, but most around here are. And if his opinions aren't always BC "politically correct", who cares?

My only issue with him has only been on the occasions when he post his "last post" rants. Enough with the theatrics! You're not going anywhere.

Maybe in ten years, I'll be there, & will still feel that it wasn't that easy to get to that point..I wasn't able to just sign up at $35/ hr. Some people, Dave, have to start out at UPS the hard way...& pay their dues for years & years, starting at about $35/ day. Scratching, clawing, & fighting day in & day out. It's ok, though. It's taught me many lessons, & looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way.
You can do it Chris.

blkmamba

Public employee unions are not the same. The public gets confused when the label union is used and lumps everything together.
I totally understand. All I meant was that they get a bad rap because they protect certain individuals who have no business being employed. I think that is standard operating procedure across all unions. Now with that being said, I am an active member in my Union and support what unions represent (for the most part).

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I totally understand. All I meant was that they get a bad rap because they protect certain individuals who have no business being employed. I think that is standard operating procedure across all unions. Now with that being said, I am an active member in my Union and support what unions represent (for the most part).
That might be true being said, but unions as a whole scale are more beneficial than not. Bad apples are everywhere but a world without unions would be an unbalance of power and corruption that would hurt more of the average person. Our country would be far worse without them.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That's in every aspect of life, not just the unions. I've seen useless people exist in non Union aspects as well. You'll never not have that problem in society. Unless we start genetic engineering everyone [emoji3]

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That explains a lot.

Like telling others how to live their lives, because you think you know better?

Or do you believe Obama, Hillary, or Bernie Sanders actually give a crap about you our our country?
Democrat, republican...left , right. Labels don't always reflect the person. I never understood this need in our country to only define beliefs,especially political as only left or right. Liberals or conservatives. Maybe that's our problem.

I'm a moderate in the middle. I don't identify on either side completely. Although I've noticed in the course of the last 5-6 years, the GOP has radicalized itself so far right that moderates look super liberal to them. That is bothersome.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Democrat, republican...left , right. Labels don't always reflect the person. I never understood this need in our country to only define beliefs,especially political as only left or right. Liberals or conservatives. Maybe that's our problem.

I'm a moderate in the middle. I don't identify on either side completely. Although I've noticed in the course of the last 5-6 years, the GOP has radicalized itself so far right that moderates look super liberal to them. That is bothersome.
How you identify yourself politically SAYS A LOT ABOUT A PERSON.

Don't see many liberals identifying themselves as Republicans.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

I don't identify with any party. From what I've read Libertarians probably are the closest to my beliefs, but I'm sure they probably have some crazy things they believe in too, so who knows.

The people who founded this country were on the right track. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Rainman

Its all good.
That might be true being said, but unions as a whole scale are more beneficial than not. Bad apples are everywhere but a world without unions would be an unbalance of power and corruption that would hurt more of the average person. Our country would be far worse without them.
All you have to do is look at history to see that. If conditions had not gotten really bad, then unions would never have been formed. People are generally unwilling to upset the status quo and risk what the early union members did unless it gets unbearable.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Except politics like life is not always so black and white. Life is complex with many different, complex problems. No one ideology will fix it all. It takes a mixture of beliefs based on actual facts and reasoning not ideology.

If how you identify politically says a lot about who you are as a person, then you're living life the wrong way. Politics and those beliefs are a small fraction of what life is really about. It's important but it shouldn't define all of who a person is.

blkmamba

Agreed. I do think there should be an easier way to get rid of those bad apples. I'm not talking the employee who drags his feet or goes slow, I'm talking the ones that we all know blatantly don't do their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.