Why all the hate on upstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS

Fenderbender
I don't like him or some others on here. What I thought this place was for was to vent a bit, learn from others some, help on stuff that maybe that were too cautious to speak about, get advice, etc ( in the main boards at least). New people on here get chastised when they should be welcomed and helped. We have to have a thick skin during the day, once we punch out, it's time to mellow out.
The problem isn't solely on him. It's the clique on here.

Good post.You are right,this site is all you said,a place where we can discuss our issues.
It is true that some new people visit thinking that the responses will be heavily moderated,but
this is not true.
I don't see it as a clique though, I think it's just the diversity of personalities from
every corner of America (and beyond) that make it so unique.
For me,this is my facebook,my twitter,and myspace.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, if Upstate wouldn't have bad rep'd and bad mouth everyone, there wouldn't be a problem.
He has himself to thank. He even calls himself "the know it all" !
How is that for ego, if you don't have any, and an ex wife that is soo happy now to be without him ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He even calls himself "the know it all"!

You need to Google "tongue in cheek".

How is that for ego, if you don't have any, and an ex wife that is soo happy now to be without him ?

This clearly crossed the line. You have no idea what led to my divorce and, quite frankly, it is none of your damn business.

Remind us again who the maroon was who lost his job for drinking on the clock?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had to Google "packy run".
We call it a beer run in Texas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCPhIjmk-s

In Massachusetts we have package stores where you can buy all of your alcohol. In New York we can buy our beer in grocery stores but have to go to a liquor store for wine or booze. A "packy run" is when we pile in to the car to go to the package store. When i visited my daughter in North Carolina I noticed they had drive-thru liquor stores.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Drive -thrus were big in Ohio too (Copley). With a carful of kids, you don't want to go in a store for just milk or bread.....that's when you pay a little more and use the drive-thru and it helped your sanity.

In CA. we have all things alcoholic right in the grocery stores.

In Massachusetts we have package stores where you can buy all of your alcohol. In New York we can buy our beer in grocery stores but have to go to a liquor store for wine or booze. A "packy run" is when we pile in to the car to go to the package store. When i visited my daughter in North Carolina I noticed they had drive-thru liquor stores.
Why is it called a package store though? Do they sell packing supply's?

Returntosender

Well, if Upstate wouldn't have bad rep'd and bad mouth everyone, =( ad hominem) there wouldn't be a problem.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Young people don't drink anymore. The nanny state changed the age to 21 and all underage drinking was magically solved.

hembone

Well, if Upstate wouldn't have bad rep'd and bad mouth everyone, there wouldn't be a problem.
Last sentence was uncalled for.

hembone

Might be wrong there. I live in N.C. and have never seen a drive-thru liquor store. Been to the coast and have seen a drive-thru beer store but not liquor. I don't about other states but in N.C. liquor stores (ABC Stores) are state owned and regulated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Might be wrong there. I live in N.C. and have never seen a drive-thru liquor store. Been to the coast and have seen a drive-thru beer store but not liquor. I don't about other states but in N.C. liquor stores (ABC Stores) are state owned and regulated.

I may very well be wrong about the liquor part but I do know that they have drive-thru convenience stores. This was in the Burlington area.

klein

Für Meno :)
oh great, another bad rep from Upstate.
Figures, he sure knows how to hand them out - but can't take any criticisum ! Jerk !

I say we all gang up today and bad rep him all at once - bring his ego down !
I'm first :) !!!! (in comment line - write "revenge") ! ;)

Oh great , way too sunny in my living room currently, and mistakenly gave him positive reps.
Enjoy, while it lasts !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Figures, he sure knows how to hand them out - but can't take any criticisum ! Jerk !

Oh great , way too sunny in my living room currently, and mistakenly gave him positive reps.
Enjoy, while it lasts !

Your comment crossed the line and I responded appropriately. Dave.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Drive -thrus were big in Ohio too (Copley). With a carful of kids, you don't want to go in a store for just milk or bread.....that's when you pay a little more and use the drive-thru and it helped your sanity.

In CA. we have all things alcoholic right in the grocery stores.
​And in the convience stores like Circle K or Seven 11.

P

pickup

Enjoy, while it lasts !

Funny that you want to attack Upstate considering that you have been spared most of his wrath. I never quite understood how you enjoyed his good graces in so many instances in which you acted like a doofus.

This is not the first time you made a smart arse remark about his divorce.

I remember one time you did it and I alerted the moderators about it. I believe (I am almost certain of it) that your crass remark was stricken before he had a chance to see it. There was a part of me that was hoping that he would get to see it before it was taken down.

Grow up, Klein.

By the way, i just neg repped Klein.

Status
Not open for further replies.