Why are select homes in nice neighborhoods "DR not allowed".

JL 0513

I have a few of these on my route and have wondered if it's strictly by customer request or if it's because of a past claim made by the owner (package theft). I bring this up because today the owner at one of these DR not allowed homes asked if there was anyway I could just leave it for now on. She had no idea why I couldn't leave it. I told her she would need to contact UPS to have it changed. Perhaps it was the previous owner who had this arranged.

Anyone know? Thanks

PT Car Washer

Some times NO DR is because the home owner requested it. Often it is for claims. Have delivered to a trailer court where all is NO DR but SDN is ok.

JL 0513

Cool, thanks guys. So if a customer makes a claim that their package must've been stolen, they are forever "blacklisted"?

Maybe because living in a 'nice' neighborhood doesn't automatically make one honest.

Well, these few No DR's that I have are among many, many hundreds of homes surrounding them that are all driver release.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Cool, thanks guys. So if a customer makes a claim that their package must've been stolen, they are forever "blacklisted"?

Usually over a certain amount but I have seen it assigned for even a minimal claim. That's why when I do a follow up I make mention to them after they tell me they didn't receive the item that if that's the fact I will no longer be able to release packages to them and all packages will require a signature from here on out. 9 times out of 10 they usually all of a sudden remember receiving the package.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
it is most likely due to claim history. If they smartstop a claim and see GPS indeed shows it delivered at the right place they sometimes will add it. I personally won't release to an address after a claim on a delivery that I know was left somewhere unlikely to be stolen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The "NO DR" can be changed by the Dispatch Supervisor. My LP lady told me they are supposed to come off the list after five years, but usually it isn't done.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
JL 0513;1216121Well said:
That's my point, a nice house (or car) does not mean someone is honest.

Usually over a certain amount but I have seen it assigned for even a minimal claim. That's why when I do a follow up I make mention to them after they tell me they didn't receive the item that if that's the fact I will no longer be able to release packages to them and all packages will require a signature from here on out. 9 times out of 10 they usually all of a sudden remember receiving the package.

I put a bunch on the list over the years, and even got a few taken off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I am not condoning this it is very easy to override the No DR in the DIAD.

When you scan the package and hit the delivery button, the No DR will appear on the screen. Hit release number, enter, and DR number.

Be aware that if you do choose to override the No DR and a claim results you will be disciplined and may end up paying for the package(s).

HomeDelivery

eh, Work As Directed & let management worry about the No-DR status of some crooked customers ~ you guys are lucky to be paid hourly & not dinged for bringing back send-agains

Indecisi0n

I don't even go that far. I let the claim hit and then totally inconvenience them with having to sign for stuff. One women is so mad and has asked my multiple times to get it changed back. Oh sorry mama you just need to call UPS.....SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

upschuck

While I am not condoning this it is very easy to override the No DR in the DIAD.

When you scan the package and hit the delivery button, the No DR will appear on the screen. Hit release number, enter, and DR number.

Be aware that if you do choose to override the No DR and a claim results you will be disciplined and may end up paying for the package(s).

Sup told me to do this for all shipper release packages, since we don't pay on those.

oldngray

nowhere special
If someone moved and it was a no DR stop I would wait a while to ensure there were no claims from the new customer then get it changed in system if everything looked OK. The system will never remove people from no DR automatically.