Why bother? Does it really take 8 years to get full time?

So yeah it seems like a good plan if your right out of high school. What about the 40 year old with experience from other companies? I was hired as a seasonal driver. I have 20 years of safe professional driving experience. I was a courier and airport shuttle driver for FedEx, Airborne Express and DHL. Those companies spent more than 16 hours training seasonal help. Honestly I am a bit disappointed in the half ass training UPS provided. I had maybe 20 mins of computer DIAD IV training and 2 days of 10 and 5 training?? I know how to drive a truck (package car) why did UPS spend so much time training 5 and 10 to someone that has practiced it for years. Today they had me shadow a driver. I was handed a Diad V and expected to know how to use it. The driver seemed pissed at management for sticking him with a helper un familiar with the Diad. Been lurking here a bit and see that most of you guys are complete :censored2:s and or trolls when a noob ask a question. So I am a bit stand offish and don't expect any real advice. But if someone knows were I can take a DIAD training course online that would be appreciated.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So yeah it seems like a good plan if your right out of high school. What about the 40 year old with experience from other companies? I was hired as a seasonal driver. I have 20 years of safe professional driving experience. I was a courier and airport shuttle driver for FedEx, Airborne Express and DHL. Those companies spent more than 16 hours training seasonal help. Honestly I am a bit disappointed in the half ass training UPS provided. I had maybe 20 mins of computer DIAD IV training and 2 days of 10 and 5 training?? I know how to drive a truck (package car) why did UPS spend so much time training 5 and 10 to someone that has practiced it for years. Today they had me shadow a driver. I was handed a Diad V and expected to know how to use it. The driver seemed :censored2: at management for sticking him with a helper un familiar with the Diad. Been lurking here a bit and see that most of you guys are complete :censored2:s and or trolls when a noob ask a question. So I am a bit stand offish and don't expect any real advice. But if someone knows were I can take a DIAD training course online that would be appreciated.

I don't know if they still use it or they use iGate but there used to be a dvd you could use on a computer and practice that way.But honestly, hands on, a few hours of real world using it and you will be pretty good with it.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
So yeah it seems like a good plan if your right out of high school. What about the 40 year old with experience from other companies? I was hired as a seasonal driver. I have 20 years of safe professional driving experience. I was a courier and airport shuttle driver for FedEx, Airborne Express and DHL. Those companies spent more than 16 hours training seasonal help. Honestly I am a bit disappointed in the half ass training UPS provided. I had maybe 20 mins of computer DIAD IV training and 2 days of 10 and 5 training?? I know how to drive a truck (package car) why did UPS spend so much time training 5 and 10 to someone that has practiced it for years. Today they had me shadow a driver. I was handed a Diad V and expected to know how to use it. The driver seemed :censored2: at management for sticking him with a helper un familiar with the Diad. Been lurking here a bit and see that most of you guys are complete :censored2:s and or trolls when a noob ask a question. So I am a bit stand offish and don't expect any real advice. But if someone knows were I can take a DIAD training course online that would be appreciated.

Zip the finger sewer! You related to upstate?

Today's theme is be nice and always use paragraphs.

Ask again please ....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Talk to your management team about doing training in IGate. There is a module, I can't remember the code for the life of me. But it's a lot longer than 20 minutes. If I remember correctly it's almost 2 hours long.

Honestly though, the DIAD training is pretty worthless. The best way to learn is just using it. Makes all the difference.