Why can't UPS drivers read address labels???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaldDucko

The problem out where I live is our brown drivers don't know how to read. This is partly due to UPS policy of not rehiring employees who know what they are doing (see other thread).

So for all the brownies reading don't just look at the name, look at the address. The person generally wants the package at the address they shipped it to. Why I ship to different addresses with the same name if anyone wants to know is none of your business.

Now excuse me I have to go get my package because yet again he's delivered it to the wrong address!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The problem out where I live is our brown drivers don't know how to read. This is partly due to UPS policy of not rehiring employees who know what they are doing (see other thread).

So for all the brownies reading don't just look at the name, look at the address. The person generally wants the package at the address they shipped it to. Why I ship to different addresses with the same name if anyone wants to know is none of your business.

Now excuse me I have to go get my package because yet again he's delivered it to the wrong address!
Maybe because you are on the do not deliver, just like the do not hire list?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Maybe they won't rehire you because you are still engaged in fraud like when you worked at UPS

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1458776945.146892.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

And what you don't realize is that FedEx would probably do the same thing thinking maybe the shipper screwed up in the address. You know, trying to help the customers out, ie., providing customer service.

Ask @barnyard
@cheryl @Monkey Butt

@bbsam

Kiss my green as...Troll
How's that?

Future

Victory Ride

image.gif

JL 0513

Not quite sure what you are talking about. We don't deliver packages by actively reading labels (accept to find the pkg in our load). Our hand held devices lists the stop that has been predetermined electronically by what the label says based on the barcode scan which happens long before we get out on the road. That said, we usually confirm the address by glancing at the label.

You need to explain what is happening in your case. You're saying you ship to different addresses. I don't see how you're getting packages to the "wrong" address yet it is you that is getting them.

Future

Victory Ride

image.jpeg

upschuck

You have a great attitude, maybe you should come and work for UPS.

upschuck

Not quite sure what you are talking about. We don't deliver packages by actively reading labels (accept to find the pkg in our load). Our hand held devices lists the stop that has been predetermined electronically by what the label says based on the barcode scan which happens long before we get out on the road. That said, we usually confirm the address by glancing at the label.

You need to explain what is happening in your case. You're saying you ship to different addresses. I don't see how you're getting packages to the "wrong" address yet it is you that is getting them.
Sometimes the spa label switches the address to a completely different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.