Why did it show as late air?

bigmistake

Residential stop, signature required. No one home and was sheeted as not in 1.

3 hours later, drove by the house again while doing pick-ups. Made another attempt, again no one home, scanned package again and asked for late air reason when I hit stop completed.

In the past, as long as an attempt was made before the commit time, you could make another attempt after the commit time without showing a late air.

Anyone have any idea why it showed as a late air?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Using the dup stop key has nothing to do with it. If you attempted the NDA before commit time, sheeted it as NI1, and then reattempted after commit time it should not have shown up as late. Did you hit residential before hitting stop complete? It sounds like you may have chosen one of the other signature options, which would then classify the stop as commercial and would then show as late.

old levi's

blank space
Residential stop, signature required. No one home and was sheeted as not in 1.

3 hours later, drove by the house again while doing pick-ups. Made another attempt, again no one home, scanned package again and asked for late air reason when I hit stop completed.

In the past, as long as an attempt was made before the commit time, you could make another attempt after the commit time without showing a late air.

Anyone have any idea why it showed as a late air?

Upstate is most likely correct on this. I would have made the second attempt if possible, but would not have sheeted as a stop if no one was home. However, if they were home the second time that is a legitimate stop (here), not a duplicate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sheeting the stop as an additional delivery stop is not allowed here unless we have been directed to go back to the stop. If we make a second attempt on our own than it has to be sheeted as a duplicate stop.

If they were not home the 2nd time why would you even bother sheeting it?

happybob

Feeders
Sheeting the stop as an additional delivery stop is not allowed here unless we have been directed to go back to the stop. If we make a second attempt on our own than it has to be sheeted as a duplicate stop.

If they were not home the 2nd time why would you even bother sheeting it?
Maybe a papertrail, to show why he was back in that area. Technology would show he's in that area and he may have been covering his butt.

old levi's

blank space
Maybe a papertrail, to show why he was back in that area. Technology would show he's in that area and he may have been covering his butt.

As I stated earlier I would not have sheeted the pkg. again if no one was home, but I would notate on the pkg. ( also NI at [time] ). Also you can leave a del. notice or post it saying came back at [time] to let the customer know you took that extra effort to make the delivery.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Good point but up here we call it padding stops.

Here we had been PCM'd awhile back to reattempt NDA if in immediate area and take extra stop. But I rarely have this come up and will either just keep on going or sheet as dup. You're covered both ways then.

over9five

Staff member
BS if you make the stop its not padding stops! Its your own fault if you put that in as a dup stop for a second attempt. I uarantee you would win that case at a panel if they tried to discipline you.

Why do you CARE if it's a duplicate stop or not? You're an hourly employee, sheet it how the boss tells you. You get PAID to do it, duplicate or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BS if you make the stop its not padding stops! Its your own fault if you put that in as a dup stop for a second attempt. I uarantee you would win that case at a panel if they tried to discipline you.

Why does everything with you turn in to a mgt/hourly war? If you go to back to the stop on your own because you are trying to do the right thing for the customer then it is dup stop--if you go back because you were directed to by an ODS then it is another stop. Case in point--I had an X-Box for a college kid. He wasn't home the first time so I sheeted NI1, scanned the info notice and went on my way. Got an ODS a short while later asking me to put said X-Box on hold. Our center is in the middle of nowhere and would have been a PITA for the kid to wait until I got back (1830) before he could get his X-Box so I reattempted in afternoon. Kid was home, gets to play video games all weekend, I got rid of a send again and kid didn't have to waste part of his day driving out to UPS and, yes, I sheeted it as dup stop.

ups2000

i always do that if i get a call to put in will call b/c they werent home when i attempted i will re attempt it if its near my route back to building. they are all surpprised to see me. but im still getting paid so why not take the extra effort.

All our NDA (not savers) are due to be delivered by 10:30, resi or business...samey samey. If it is scanned after that time, regardless if an earlier attempt was made or if you use duplicate, it shows as a late attempt/delivery. Or at least it was still that way in April.

In our district, if you make a second attempt on any package, for any reason it is a duplicate stop whether directed by management or not.

Thems tha rules we gotta live by here.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
88, exactly how many panels have you been to? How many wins - losses? You seem very knowledgeable about what would fly and what would not at a panel....

happybob

Feeders
Are we getting the big picture. Too many differant ways of doing things. What can't the company just have one set of rules for all the centers to follow. Oh ya, that would be too easy. One poster saying it's a duplicate stop if OMS sends you back, another saying it's always a duplicate stop. Take out the damm dulicate stop key. You go to a place to make a delivery it is a stop, even if you were already there. If it is too much of a problem for the company to figuere it all out, then don't have anyone make more than one delivdery attemp per day, oh ya, I forgot, too easy. That duplicate stop key has been a pain in the ass since it first came out, and it still is.

Dustyroads

Good point, Bob, if the it people were on top of things, they would have never put the key in, instead, just have the diad automatically record the package as a duplicate if the barcode is the same.