Why did it show as late air?

bigbrownhen

Same people wouldn't have put the sig key on top right corner of diad. "Hind sight is always 20-20".
As for the OP situation, I believe you have to hit the dup key, then it wouldn't show as late. You could have edited that stop out and re-sheeted as a dup stop, then no worries since you attempted earlier. It still shouldn't count against you as a late air though, I wouldn't sweat it, lesson learned.

outamyway

That happened to me and was told it was because I did not use the duplicate stop key. There was no punishment though; hope there wasn't for you.

BS. I have done this quite a few times and forgot to use the dupe key and it did not come up late.

As long as your are using the same board you used on the first attempt it should not come up late.

May the new upgrade changed something.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Using the dup stop key has nothing to do with it. If you attempted the NDA before commit time, sheeted it as NI1, and then reattempted after commit time it should not have shown up as late. Did you hit residential before hitting stop complete? It sounds like you may have chosen one of the other signature options, which would then classify the stop as commercial and would then show as late.
I agree.
Upstate is most likely correct on this. I would have made the second attempt if possible, but would not have sheeted as a stop if no one was home. However, if they were home the second time that is a legitimate stop (here), not a duplicate.
I agree.

Sheeting the stop as an additional delivery stop is not allowed here unless we have been directed to go back to the stop. If we make a second attempt on our own than it has to be sheeted as a duplicate stop.

If they were not home the 2nd time why would you even bother sheeting it?
Depends on your franchise.

Maybe a papertrail, to show why he was back in that area. Technology would show he's in that area and he may have been covering his butt.
True!

Why do you CARE if it's a duplicate stop or not? You're an hourly employee, sheet it how the boss tells you. You get PAID to do it, duplicate or not.
This guy has a point.

Why does everything with you turn in to a mgt/hourly war? If you go to back to the stop on your own because you are trying to do the right thing for the customer then it is dup stop--if you go back because you were directed to by an ODS then it is another stop. Case in point--I had an X-Box for a college kid. He wasn't home the first time so I sheeted NI1, scanned the info notice and went on my way. Got an ODS a short while later asking me to put said X-Box on hold. Our center is in the middle of nowhere and would have been a PITA for the kid to wait until I got back (1830) before he could get his X-Box so I reattempted in afternoon. Kid was home, gets to play video games all weekend, I got rid of a send again and kid didn't have to waste part of his day driving out to UPS and, yes, I sheeted it as dup stop.
Having problems with the Green Grocer? I do the same thing as far as when I need signatures, but here NDA pkgs are different and we are allowed a 2nd, non duplicate attempt.

All our NDA (not savers) are due to be delivered by 10:30, resi or business...samey samey. If it is scanned after that time, regardless if an earlier attempt was made or if you use duplicate, it shows as a late attempt/delivery. Or at least it was still that way in April.

In our district, if you make a second attempt on any package, for any reason it is a duplicate stop whether directed by management or not.

Thems tha rules we gotta live by here.
Different franchises different rules.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why does everything with you turn in to a mgt/hourly war? If you go to back to the stop on your own because you are trying to do the right thing for the customer then it is dup stop--if you go back because you were directed to by an ODS then it is another stop. Case in point--I had an X-Box for a college kid. He wasn't home the first time so I sheeted NI1, scanned the info notice and went on my way. Got an ODS a short while later asking me to put said X-Box on hold. Our center is in the middle of nowhere and would have been a PITA for the kid to wait until I got back (1830) before he could get his X-Box so I reattempted in afternoon. Kid was home, gets to play video games all weekend, I got rid of a send again and kid didn't have to waste part of his day driving out to UPS and, yes, I sheeted it as dup stop.

Regardless of the semantics, as somebody else alluded, we get paid by the hour.
Sheet the stops as directed.
We work in a role as a subordinate.
Do what your told and there will be no problem.
You don't have to agree.
This next day air discrepancy will be most likely be clarified.
I doubt it will be made an issue.
Worst case scenario, warning letter.
Don't do it again for 9 months, problem solved.
That, after all, is objective of progressive discipline.
To correct behavior and methods.

P.S. I admire Upstate. What balance and coordination it must take to sit on the fence, all the while tooting his own horn.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Regardless of the semantics, as somebody else alluded, we get paid by the hour.
Sheet the stops as directed.
We work in a role as a subordinate.
Do what your told and there will be no problem.
You don't have to agree.
This next day air discrepancy will be most likely be clarified.
I doubt it will be made an issue.
Worst case scenario, warning letter.
Don't do it again for 9 months, problem solved.
That, after all, is objective of progressive discipline.
To correct behavior and methods.

P.S. I admire Upstate. What balance and coordination it must take to sit on the fence, all the while tooting his own horn.
I'm guessing that the real Bubblehead is on vacation and his robot alter ego posted this minutiae about correct behaviors, though you did hit Upstate's nail right on the head, or should I say fence post?:wink2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sheeting the stop as an additional delivery stop is not allowed here unless we have been directed to go back to the stop. If we make a second attempt on our own than it has to be sheeted as a duplicate stop.

If they were not home the 2nd time why would you even bother sheeting it?

I would definitely sheet the second attempt.
Duplicate stop is not the flavor of the week in my center.
But if directed to, I would sheet as duplicate.
Why not not?
My thinking is and always has been that the DIAD is a tool to represent my days work.
A record of the time spent throughout the day.
The whole duplicate stop issue could be easily taken out of our hands if the company wanted to anyway.
They write the programs right?
If they don't want to give me credit then don't.
If I don't differentiate the stop as a multiple in the the consignee or room field, then don't give me credit for another stop.
Pretty simple.
This company spends to much time treating symptoms rather than solving problems.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm guessing that the real Bubblehead is on vacation and his robot alter ego posted this minutiae about correct behaviors, though you did hit Upstate's nail right on the head, or should I say fence post?:wink2:

I'm not saying that is how management approaches or practices progressive discipline.
I'm saying that is what progressive discipline was designed to do.
Wish I was on vacation.
All I have left is 2 option days.:biting:
And 5 occurances.:wink2:

GeorgiaBrown

You should not be in any trouble for the "late" air attempt because tracking will show that you made an "on time" attempt earlier in the day......I would welcome that discussion with management......let me rephrase.... I would not be concerned at all.....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm not saying that is how management approaches or practices progressive discipline.
I'm saying that is what progressive discipline was designed to do.
Wish I was on vacation.
All I have left is 2 option days.:biting:
And 5 occurances.:wink2:
This year was the longest that I ever held on to option days. I used it at the begining of this month. I still have 1 week vacation in Nov. I'm surprised that you're not taking advantage of all the days available due to layoffs and stuff.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I've always attempted to redeliver NI NDA's.....because that's how I was trained several decades ago....it doesn't matter if I record pkg as DUP stop or not......I'm not a bonus driver.....I'm performing a service to MY customers....my methods have never been questioned, regarding this practice....because I run all of my NDA's 1st....then I hit the same consignees, while running the route in trace....I always leave a delivery notice informing the individual that I will be back w/ the pkg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've always attempted to redeliver NI NDA's.....because that's how I was trained several decades ago....it doesn't matter if I record pkg as DUP stop or not......I'm not a bonus driver.....I'm performing a service to MY customers....my methods have never been questioned, regarding this practice....because I run all of my NDA's 1st....then I hit the same consignees, while running the route in trace....I always leave a delivery notice informing the individual that I will be back w/ the pkg
Ditto! Except for the non bonus part.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This year was the longest that I ever held on to option days. I used it at the begining of this month. I still have 1 week vacation in Nov. I'm surprised that you're not taking advantage of all the days available due to layoffs and stuff.

I try to hold my option days for the Tues/Wed before Thanksgiving for a sudo extra week of vacation.
The "calm before the storm" if you will.
Scheduled days off have been pretty easy to come by of late.
I'm just to greedy I guess.
Missing a day is pay check killer.
My management team generally resists committing to an off day in advanced.
The drivers that get them generally come to work and stand around waiting for the free pass.
Once I get dressed, drop of the kids, and report, I'm all in.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I try to hold my option days for the Tues/Wed before Thanksgiving for a sudo extra week of vacation.
The "calm before the storm" if you will.
Scheduled days off have been pretty easy to come by of late.
I'm just to greedy I guess.
Missing a day is pay check killer.
My management team generally resists committing to an off day in advanced.
The drivers that get them generally come to work and stand around waiting for the free pass.
Once I get dressed, drop of the kids, and report, I'm all in.
Ditto. I ride my bike to the gym and then to work, so if I'm on my bike, I'm working. I called out last week without any days available. The Wife is a teacher and forgot to call in the night before, so I ended up having to miss the day. My check being a couple hundred short this week sure did hurt.