Why did the tree die?

Necropostophiliac

National Christmas Tree has died of 'transplant shock'

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal officials say the National Christmas Tree planted near the White House
a year ago has died and is being removed.

The National Park Service says the Colorado blue spruce died of "transplant shock."
It came from a tree farm in New Jersey last year and was planted on the Ellipse just south
of the White House in March 2011.

The tree replaced one that had stood on the Ellipse since 1978 but was destroyed by
high winds in February 2011.

Workers were removing the dead tree Saturday. The National Park Service says it has already
identified a Colorado blue spruce to replace the tree and will plant the new National Christmas Tree
in October, just in time to be decorated for the holiday.

National Christmas Tree has died of 'transplant shock' – USATODAY.com

over9five

Staff member
Umm, as I answered in the other thread, it is because GOD has abandoned Obama. It is clearly a sign from above.

old levi's

blank space
National Christmas Tree has died of 'transplant shock'

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal officials say the National Christmas Tree planted near the White House
a year ago has died and is being removed.

The National Park Service says the Colorado blue spruce died of "transplant shock."
It came from a tree farm in New Jersey last year and was planted on the Ellipse just south
of the White House in March 2011.

The tree replaced one that had stood on the Ellipse since 1978 but was destroyed by
high winds in February 2011.

Workers were removing the dead tree Saturday. The National Park Service says it has already
identified a Colorado blue spruce to replace the tree and will plant the new National Christmas Tree
in October, just in time to be decorated for the holiday.

National Christmas Tree has died of 'transplant shock' – USATODAY.com

I don't know why this one died, but the one that it replaced was ass ugly.

rod

Retired 22 years
The bigger the tree the more likely it will not survive transplanting. I had 15 large 30 + foot white pines transplanted at my old house with the understanding from the tree service that there were no guarantees with a tree that size. I staked them down real good and installed a sprinkler system to keep them well watered for a couple of years. They all survived but showed no signs of growing for about 5 years after being transplanted. Every time I drive by the old house I am amazed at how good they look now. Those tree spade trucks they use to dig trees out are fun to watch in action ----that is until you get the bill for their services. I bet it would be shocking to see just how much the government spent trying to save this tree. Personally I have never been a fan of the "National Christmas Tree" program.

P

pickup

Why did the tree die?

I'll tell thee why:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

From this point on, I can't change the color of the words I use but the quote above ended at manure. Please let me state for the record, this is a quote from Thomas Jefferson. One that was used by Timothy McVeigh. I am not citing McVeigh . I am citing Jefferson. Make of it what you will. If anyone thinks there is anything evil or untoward in what I wrote, then go after Jefferson , not me.

By the way, I love all of our elected officials and appointed ones for that matter. (Shame how one has to state one's words in this post 911 world).

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why did the tree die?

I'll tell thee why:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

From this point on, I can't change the color of the words I use but the quote above ended at manure. Please let me state for the record, this is a quote from Thomas Jefferson. One that was used by Timothy McVeigh. I am not citing McVeigh . I am citing Jefferson. Make of it what you will. If anyone thinks there is anything evil or untoward in what I wrote, then go after Jefferson , not me.

By the way, I love all of our elected officials and appointed ones for that matter. (Shame how one has to state one's words in this post 911 world).
People tend to read quotes like that in whatever way suits them or their purposes.