Why do dog owners think their don't "WON'T BITE YOU"????

Azrjn4864

I have had this said to me many o' times but this past Friday as I was being told that precious Fido wouldnt bite me the dog was simultaneously chewing on my a%*!!!! Really??? So for the past few days Ive have a sore rear-end and a new hatred for Rottweilers....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shoot, I even tell the vet and the technicians that She will bite you and you have a 5-10 second window to get the muzzle on her and if you don't, someone's gonna get bit. Just because the owner doesn't get bit does not apply to strangers.

Best to go through life thinking every dog will bite...that way you aren't ever surprised.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have had this said to me many o' times but this past Friday as I was being told that precious Fido wouldnt bite me the dog was simultaneously chewing on my a%*!!!! Really??? So for the past few days Ive have a sore rear-end and a new hatred for Rottweilers....

No way would I have gotten out of that truck. I don't mess with rots pits German shepards dobermans or anything else that looks aggressive. No way am I getting bit so someone can get their package.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If i have a dog biting at me, I will physically push it or even kick @ it if that's what it takes. Customers don't give a damn about me not getting bit, then I don't give a damn about kicking their dog a little bit if that's what it comes down to

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If i have a dog biting at me, I will physically push it or even kick @ it if that's what it takes. Customers don't give a damn about me not getting bit, then I don't give a damn about kicking their dog a little bit if that's what it comes down to

A little bit? You've never had a dog really come at you then. I've kicked a dog as hard as I could. I also whacked one right in the head with a diad. The customer actually thanked me for that one. I know of drivers that have knocked dogs out. There's no tapping a dog when he's about to bite me.

gingerkat

It happened to me around Christmas time. The old guy says "oh she won't bite" just then his little dog got a hold of my leg and bit me. I just shook her off and looked at him. Instead of apologizing, he says "I bet that happens all the time?" I just wanted to kick him. In a litigious society, he should have kissed my ass.

jaker

trolling
Try this one I got from someone

She doesn't bite , she just likes to pull at your clothes

That was being said after the dog jump up at my hand and bite my glove and almost pulled it off

rod

Retired 22 years
Even though I hate the way everyone sues everybody over the least little thing now days I have absolutely no problem with someone suing the owner of a dog who won't keep it under control. A dog bite nowdays should get you about $5,000 or so depending on how serious you want to get with it. It cost my brother-in-laws insurance company $10,000 when their mutt (who I had warned would bite someone) bit a liltle girl in face. Also the insurance company will no longer cover him if there is a future bitting episode.

U

uber

I got bit in my 30 days. I've decided any dog from here on out that gets a chunk of my skin is going to get cracked in the skull with my diad. In front of their owner especially. Had a little chihuahua nipping at me a couple weeks ago that I was seconds from punting across the parking lot of an apartment complex.

Oh, and I love dogs. I'm not sure there has been a period in my life when I haven't owned one. Just get some ****ing control over your dog!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a house that I deliver to that is owned by a well-known Atlanta TV news personality that recently retired. Her husband is in law enforcement and thinks its a good idea to have their German Shepherd trained to attack people. I usually don't do this, but I started carrying Milkbone dog treats and I would throw them over the fence to make friends with the dog. She laughed and was fine with it when I told her. The other day, he was standing at their gate with the dog when I pulled up to a stop. The dog started pacing back and forth and was looking for his treat. The guy got all ticked off when I told him that his dog was only wanting a treat, he said "Now I have to send him off for re-training now". He was pretty ticked off, I'm surprised he didn't call in a complaint. If that dog does bite me, it will be the first and only time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I was mauled by an English Bulldog when I was 9 yrs old, and wound up needing about 50 stitches in my leg. That is the only time in my life that I have ever been bitten by a dog, even after 25+ years as a UPS driver. I am very good at "reading" a dogs body language and making friends with them. I love dogs.

STFXG

The only dog that has got me good was a blue heeler that crawled under my truck and hid behind my tire. When I went to climb in the little bastard nipped my leg.

U

uber

Re: Why do dog owners think their don't "WON'T BITE YOU"????

I was mauled by an English Bulldog when I was 9 yrs old, and wound up needing about 50 stitches in my leg. That is the only time in my life that I have ever been bitten by a dog, even after 25+ years as a UPS driver. I am very good at "reading" a dogs body language and making friends with them. I love dogs.

Those are great dogs, but sometimes at a certain age they go senile and some even go ape **** crazy. My uncle had one that did that.

U

uber

Re: Why do dog owners think their don't "WON'T BITE YOU"????

The only dog that has got me good was a blue heeler that crawled under my truck and hid behind my tire. When I went to climb in the little bastard nipped my leg.

Haha, thats the exact breed that bit me. Aggressive little muts.

This one place on my route has a mega huge lab golden retriever mix. I used to have to go into the yard really quiet and fast because this dog would latch onto me and hump me if he got the chance. I wasent he only driver. Everyone else who used to go there would be like what the hell is up with that dog that goes balls out and tried to hump you. Wtf

over9five

Staff member
This one place on my route has a mega huge lab golden retriever mix. I used to have to go into the yard really quiet and fast because this dog would latch onto me and hump me if he got the chance. I wasent he only driver. Everyone else who used to go there would be like what the hell is up with that dog that goes balls out and tried to hump you. Wtf

That is sexual harassment. We have a zero tolerance policy on that.