Why do I have to sign for everthing? No one can figure it out

UPSGUY72

If it is tagged No Driver Release you can use signed delivery notices, Signature reguired you can not use them

That doesn't make any sense I have and address that package go missing all the time. I'm handing tha package to a person and they're signing my DIAD. The person could say that someone else sign that paper and they didn't get the papckage.

I don't except SIG on the back of Info Notice. I check the Box Sender requires sig and write (IN person ) next to it. CYA

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had about a dozen code 4s removed from EDD, it can be done. Like I said, you just have to know who can do it and have a reasonable explination for wanting it done. Most of them were bad DRs by a former Cover Driver who used to run all day. I always got a lot of Driver Followups after he ran my route.

Dagoof

That doesn't make any sense I have and address that package go missing all the time. I'm handing tha package to a person and they're signing my DIAD. The person could say that someone else sign that paper and they didn't get the papckage.

I don't except SIG on the back of Info Notice. I check the Box Sender requires sig and write (IN person ) next to it. CYA

Way to go with the customer service and wasting time for you and the customer three days in a row. I guess you like to pad the stops?
They can say the same about signing the diad. Someone else signed for it it wasnt me. The info notice being signed is like a legal document saying if you sign this UPS is not responsible. If you have a high crime area than I say yes dont take the notices but if it was a one time thing then a signed delivery notice will work just fine. The diad will just say no DR I have a few apt buildings that are like this I leave a stack of notes with the people who get alot of pkgs they sign and leave on the door. They are happy and thats one less stop for me the next day.

over9five

Staff member
Nobody has come up with the OBVIOUS reason the code 4 is not removed from the DIAD....

It probably HAS been removed...

What I'm suggesting is.....

Maybe.......

his girlfriend.......

IS HOT!!!!!!

Dagoof

Nobody has come up with the OBVIOUS reason the code 4 is not removed from the DIAD....

It probably HAS been removed...

What I'm suggesting is.....

Maybe.......

his girlfriend.......

IS HOT!!!!!!

This is true I had a dr pkg today that I waited for her to come to the door just to see how short her shorts were going to be today.

Wow short enough!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

I can't get stuff at my house because I'm not home. Duh--have it sent somewhere else where it can be signed for or pick it up at UPS. This ain't rocket science.

brevity and wisdom, what a combo

UPSGUY72

Way to go with the customer service and wasting time for you and the customer three days in a row. I guess you like to pad the stops?
They can say the same about signing the diad. Someone else signed for it it wasnt me. The info notice being signed is like a legal document saying if you sign this UPS is not responsible. If you have a high crime area than I say yes dont take the notices but if it was a one time thing then a signed delivery notice will work just fine. The diad will just say no DR I have a few apt buildings that are like this I leave a stack of notes with the people who get alot of pkgs they sign and leave on the door. They are happy and thats one less stop for me the next day.

Well are ORS talked about this point today and what you do at a apartment complex is Wrong. The person needs to signthe DIAD.

For peole that get alot of packages you can get a form that goes on file in your center that you can leave packages at center address. If you go to a apartment building that islock you can DR packages inside. If there is a Signture required on the package you have to have a real person sign the DIAD unless they have a signed realease form on file.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
If the driver chooses to leave your package for you, that is his job on the line, for what to help a customer, but if he looses his job over signing the diad with your name, he looses his job, ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE HIM A JOB!!

Dagoof

Well are ORS talked about this point today and what you do at a apartment complex is Wrong. The person needs to signthe DIAD.

For peole that get alot of packages you can get a form that goes on file in your center that you can leave packages at center address. If you go to a apartment building that islock you can DR packages inside. If there is a Signture required on the package you have to have a real person sign the DIAD unless they have a signed realease form on file.

Yes if the pkg says Sig req it has to be signed for in person but if it is a regular pkg you can take a delivery note.

whiskey

You make a good point. I may leave it as is and just get smaller things shipped to my mailbox. I've also thought about just having all my items marked for pick up. My problem with signing for everything is that my gf and I both work nights and usually don't hear the door.
Your mailbox is the property of the USPS and off limits to any brown deliveries.