Why do some veteran drivers prefer swinging over their own route?

Rainman

Its all good.
We bid routes every year in my building. Our senior cover drivers bid cover because the routes they cover are better than what they could get if they bid a route.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are 5 bids up in my area what to do???? I could win 3. 1 in the building closest to my house I'm not going to win and 1 is a cover in the same center I'm in. Two are routes one not bad one rural in thecother center in my building that opened due to a drivers retirement. The other is cover in another building about the same distance I drive to work now so really not a good option.
So you are able to bid routes in other buildings???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We bid routes every year in my building. Our senior cover drivers bid cover because the routes they cover are better than what they could get if they bid a route.
At least around here most of the routes are not that great..10 years ago most were better than average and then there are the ones that have always sucked..

Rainman

Its all good.
At least around here most of the routes are not that great..10 years ago most were better than average and then there are the ones that have always sucked..
None of the routes are good any more. Some are just better than others. Too much technology, Big Brother micromanaging everything. Glad I have enough seniority to avoid the crappy ones.

Future

Victory Ride
Crappy is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to alot of routes.....do you prefer buisness stops over resis ....and on and on..etc