Why do we use pins for our DIADs now ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Indecisi0n, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

My boss had a meeting about it this morning but he speaks as loud as a f@#$%ing mouse in the shop and i didnt hear a word he said.
  2. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I'm having pizza for dinner. Yum :D
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I had stew.
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

As far as I understand it is because of the increased access to customers personal information in regards to security codes for gates, garages or other places that customers might have us leave their pkgs.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The PIN numbers are part of the UPS MyChoice service.
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

What Dave said.
  8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

He's the smartest guy I never met.
  9. RockdaleEddie

RockdaleEddie Optimized

Am I the only one who read the DIAD training?
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

He is going to try natural male enhancement pills. Check out the meaningless fluff thread.
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

What dilligaf said. The new UPSMyChoice service that started today enables the driver to access information that the customer gives us including gate codes, precise delivery instructions, and electronic signatures. We have to select a pin number every time we clock in on our DIADs. You can use the same code or change it everyday. If you forget the code for the day you get five tries before the DIAD locks you out and you have to call your Center to get it reset.
  12. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I saw it, but am wondering why your quote of him reads differently than his post does now?
    Did he edit it after he saw your response, or was it an embellishment?
  13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I know nothing. If the brother has a size issue it's not my problem.
  14. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

I have attention issues when my package car is sitting behind me full of packages. If I remember correctly it was 54 screens full of imformation before we got to the questions.
  15. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Consider this thread derailed.
  16. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Its a new UPS program. Your suppose to enter your personal debit card info in the "clock in" screen, then leave your debit pin # when prompted.

and don't even worry... UPS will be very responsible with your money!
  17. RockdaleEddie

RockdaleEddie Optimized

Ok good call, I read it after I left the building. Yeah very lengthy for DIAD training.
  18. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

19. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

What I find amusing is that I must now enter a PIN to have access to the 50 or 60 gate codes....that I personally spent the last 17 years acquiring from the customers on my route. I already have all of those codes stored in a file on my computer, as well as in my iPhone. About 1/3 of them dont even need to be stored anywhere because I have them memorized by heart. I need another PIN number like I need :censored2: in my head.
  20. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

and you know who there mom and dad are and where they work and the name of the dog and on and on.......................

all without a pin, amazing