Why do we use pins for our DIADs now ?

Indecisi0n

My boss had a meeting about it this morning but he speaks as loud as a friend@#$%ing mouse in the shop and i didnt hear a word he said.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
As far as I understand it is because of the increased access to customers personal information in regards to security codes for gates, garages or other places that customers might have us leave their pkgs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My boss had a meeting about it this morning but he speaks as loud as a friend@#$%ing mouse in the shop and i didnt hear a word he said.

As far as I understand it is because of the increased access to customers personal information in regards to security codes for gates, garages or other places that customers might have us leave their pkgs.

The PIN numbers are part of the UPS MyChoice service.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What dilligaf said. The new UPSMyChoice service that started today enables the driver to access information that the customer gives us including gate codes, precise delivery instructions, and electronic signatures. We have to select a pin number every time we clock in on our DIADs. You can use the same code or change it everyday. If you forget the code for the day you get five tries before the DIAD locks you out and you have to call your Center to get it reset.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He is going to try natural male enhancement pills. Check out the meaningless fluff thread.

I saw it, but am wondering why your quote of him reads differently than his post does now?
Did he edit it after he saw your response, or was it an embellishment?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What I find amusing is that I must now enter a PIN to have access to the 50 or 60 gate codes....that I personally spent the last 17 years acquiring from the customers on my route. I already have all of those codes stored in a file on my computer, as well as in my iPhone. About 1/3 of them dont even need to be stored anywhere because I have them memorized by heart. I need another PIN number like I need a hole in my head.

old levi's

blank space
What I find amusing is that I must now enter a PIN to have access to the 50 or 60 gate codes....that I personally spent the last 17 years acquiring from the customers on my route. I already have all of those codes stored in a file on my computer, as well as in my iPhone. About 1/3 of them dont even need to be stored anywhere because I have them memorized by heart. I need another PIN number like I need a hole in my head.

and you know who there mom and dad are and where they work and the name of the dog and on and on.......................

all without a pin, amazing