Why do we use pins for our DIADs now ?

old levi's

blank space
...as well as anybody else who happens upon them. Good thing you live and work in "Mayberry". That isn't a viable system in the real world, hence the pin numbers in our DIAD to access this type of information.

Two of these are apartment buildings and the other is an office where contractors come to review blueprints before bidding on jobs. I could just as easily have the PDS put the entry codes in to CPAD. You do have a point but up here in the "bubble of goodness" it is not a big deal.

Next time you go by the jail, tell Andy that Goober says hey.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Sorry Menotyou, all this talk about bubbles made me think of this clip. :happy-very:
I must have broken my 'like' button, as I tried twice to 'like' this but got the '#' error code. I laughed out loud watching that clip. Never seen it before. Too cute!!! Thanks, Iowa Boy. That was very funny!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't usually bump old threads, but has anyone ever been prompted to enter that PIN we select in the morning at any other time? I've always wondered about it, because never once have I been prompted for it except when logging into the board in the morning.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The PIN is in case there are gate codes stored in the DIAD, so that only the driver can access them.
Right, my point in posting is that I've never been prompted for that pin after typing it in the morning and gate codes among other cpad notes are displayed all the time.

O

OLDMAN3

Right, my point in posting is that I've never been prompted for that pin after typing it in the morning and gate codes among other cpad notes are displayed all the time.
So, lets see, what would be the situation that would prompt UPS to actually use this security feature....

Perhaps to lock out drivers from the DIAD who are on strike and causing mischief???

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So, lets see, what would be the situation that would prompt UPS to actually use this security feature....

Perhaps to lock out drivers from the DIAD who are on strike and causing mischief???
Umm...if we go out on strike, how will we gain posession of a DIAD in the first place?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think it depends upon how the OMS enters the information for the address, but I dont understand enough about that process to be any more specific.

Some of my stops require a PIN to get the gate code and some dont. The ironic part is that I am the one who supplied those codes to UPS in the first place; long before codes could be stored in the DIAD, I was the one who got them from the customers and wrote them down and even kept them on file in my personal computer.