Why does everyone complain here?

JaxFedEx

Been here awhile now. And I really have to know: Why do people complain so much here? Why so much trash talk on FedEx. I am a part time EO at the FedEx Express in Florida. I personally like my job. I enjoy going to work.

I just read a thread that read, and I quote :

" FedEx charity events make the company look good to the public at your expense. Give and volunteer, but don't do it in the name of FedEx. They will make you wear a dumb t-shirt and say wonderful things so you can go on Frontline and say how much FedEx cares about the downtrodden. They don't care. Just ask a Ground driver, the one that probably qualifies for food stamps, how much FedEx cares. Most managers attend these events with a gun to their heads anyway because they are ... "

What the hell is that? Qualify for food stamps? You can really be that upset about your career. Maybe you should quit your job (that you obviously hate so much), and get a new career. But before you decide to do that, and get a new job, make sure you are aware of the circumstances. Make sure you know that unemployment rate in the US. That alone, could help you appreciate your job a whole lot more. Make sure you are prepared to support your families medical needs, because not all jobs will offer that( actually, most will not).

I am not going to go into all of the pros and cons, I am just trying to get the point across that what you are doing really isn't that bad. Just remember, there is someone your age, with a higher education, bagging groceries and making minimum wage.

I mean, maybe its because I work at a great location, with great management, and a great team. I am not sure why I feel so much different about my job than 90 percent of people on these forums do.

Maybe someone could explain it to me?

Last edited:

vantexan

Apparently you aren't aware that Ground drivers don't get medical coverage. And that their pay is low enough for some to qualify for food stamps. Or that they are given a set amount per week in pay, no matter how many hrs they work. No overtime, no paid time off.

As for Express couriers, our pay progression has been slowed to a trickle. Our traditional pension has been replaced with a cash balance plan that will pay a fraction of what the old pension paid. And FedEx has used our productivity to maintain profits and stock price while doing all this. Pretty tough to leave in this economy, so we complain because we want the company to know how we feel about what they are doing. If you don't like it why don't you leave? Why do you stay here when obviously you aren't happy with this forum? Surely with a little effort you could find a happier place.

vantexan

I have received good information here. Just trying to get understand the entire circle if you know what I mean.

No, you've decided after a short time on the job that you've got it all figured out and think it's wondeful. Why would anyone not like it? Give it time.

vantexan

Tell you what...get sent out into a blizzard in 30 below temps, or a tropical storm recently downgraded from a hurricane. Load up a couple hundred 50 pound boxes in humid 107 degree heat after running all day and not get off until after 2200. Do that for months, not just once. Get repeatedly lied to to the point of being defrauded by crooked mgrs. Put up with all of that and alot more so that you could get a decent pension and then they take that away. All things I've experienced. I'm too old and have health issues and the economy is crap. So I'm here until the end. Did I just complain or did I just tell you the truth that I've experienced firsthand? You are happy with your job, good for you. I hope you'll always be so. I've been chewed up and spit out and all I'm asking is they top us out in a reasonable amount of time. The way I see it if I'm allowed to EARN better pay for a number of years it'll go a long way towards making up for all the garbage they put me through. So don't expect me to sit here and strum a harp while spouting platitudes about how wonderful they are. I know them too well.

Last edited:

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Tell you what...get sent out into a blizzard in 30 below temps, or a tropical storm recently downgraded from a hurricane. Load up a couple hundred 50 pound boxes in humid 107 degree heat after running all day and not get off until after 2200. Do that for months, not just once. Get repeatedly lied to to the point of being defrauded by crooked mgrs. Put up with all of that and alot more so that you could get a decent pension and then they take that away. All things I've experienced. I'm too old and have health issues and the economy is crap. So I'm here until the end. Did I just complain or did I just tell you the truth that I've experienced firsthand? You are happy with your job, good for you. I hope you'll always be so. I've been chewed up and spit out and all I'm asking is they top us out in a reasonable amount of time. The way I see it if I'm allowed to EARN better pay for a number of years it'll go a long way towards making up for all the garbage they put me through. So don't expect me to sit here and strum a harp while spouting platitudes about how wonderful they are. I know them too well.

Yessir, done all but the tropical storm deliveries, they just don't make it to where I am!..lol Seriously, come talk to us after 10 years of being lied to and crapped on at every opportunity. Most of us on this forum are at least 15 yr employees and can remember when P-S-P actually MEANT People first. so maybe we are a bit disenfranchised. We were there for the "BrownOut", we were there for 9/11...which oddly enough was just the event that Uncle Freddy and the rest of corporate America was waiting for to implement their nefarious plans to pad their pockets by picking ours, the "FRONTLINE" employees.

Wait until you hurt something, a knee, shoulder, ankle or even better your back...then you come tell us how much apprecation they give you, especially as a PT'er. You'll get nothing and you'll like it.

Just sayin

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Been here awhile now. And I really have to know: Why do people complain so much here? Why so much trash talk on FedEx. I am a part time EO at the FedEx Express in Florida. I personally like my job. I enjoy going to work.

" FedEx charity events make the company look good to the public at your expense. Give and volunteer, but don't do it in the name of FedEx. They will make you wear a dumb t-shirt and say wonderful things so you can go on Frontline and say how much FedEx cares about the downtrodden. They don't care. Just ask a Ground driver, the one that probably qualifies for food stamps, how much FedEx cares. Most managers attend these events with a gun to their heads anyway because they are ... "

What the hell is that? Qualify for food stamps? You can really be that upset about your career. Maybe you should quit your job (that you obviously hate so much), and get a new career. But before you decide to do that, and get a new job, make sure you are aware of the circumstances. Make sure you know that unemployment rate in the US. That alone, could help you appreciate your job a whole lot more. Make sure you are prepared to support your families medical needs, because not all jobs will offer that( actually, most will not).

I am not going to go into all of the pros and cons, I am just trying to get the point across that what you are doing really isn't that bad. Just remember, there is someone your age, with a higher education, bagging groceries and making minimum wage.

I mean, maybe its because I work at a great location, with great management, and a great team. I am not sure why I feel so much different about my job than 90 percent of people on these forums do.

Take your first step. Put down the Kool Aid and walk into the light.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, you've decided after a short time on the job that you've got it all figured out and think it's wondeful. Why would anyone not like it? Give it time.

That's right. You will learn to hate it. Give them time to eff you over enough and you'll eventually get the big picture (Smith System pun). Aim high, but always keep an eye on your management team. It's best to check them every 5-8 seconds to make sure they aren't doing something stupid.

FedExer267

I would not expect you to understand unless you work for Ground. Try working 70 hours a week for 600 dollars when you figure it out you will see it is below minimum wage. No OT, no holiday pay, no vacation, no sick pay, no benefits, no lunches and no breaks great deal for FedEx and Contractors not so good for Ground drivers. It is not a career it is a job, with unemployment high its better that we do something than sit on our butts and take advantage of the tax payers. This way the only one taking advantage of the Tax Payers is FedEx. Since you are new here I will simply ask you where else can you work 70 hours a week and qualify for Government Assistance? Gotta love big business that gets richer why they take full advantage of the American Tax Payers and why is that because they do not pay the same Taxes as the middle class.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, sounds to me that Ground employees hate their job more than anything else. As I stated, I do not work for Ground.

We hate our jobs at Express too. Ground has it worse than we do. What don't you understand? Gotta go. Only 50 more stops left...

55+

If you have it so good at the station you're at then you better stay put. It is rare that a station runs that smoothly. I have moments when I think I could stay another 5 years and then something happens (always does) I get slammed by the dispatcher or put on a fulltime route (Im parttime) or chastized by the Senior in front of everyone else for doing something really minor..I have a bachelors degree and 13 years in with this co. I had 11 years at UPS. I have no debt. no car payments or mortgage and when I add up the expenses and medical I cannot justify leaving yet. It's just too tight financially. I see 50 something drivers everyday come hobbling into work barely able to walk and they're just starting their day. Most have 20 plus years in and I don't think their medical conditions are the result of playing sports if you know what I mean..In todays world you better get an education cause there is no way blue collar work is going to pay for your future. So if you have to..use the tuition reimbursement and get a degree Its only going to get worse from here on out. And that isn't a complaint it's a fact.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Hey Dillion,
I think I figured out why you're hittin' the purple crack pipe....was it because of this month's front line video?
Where they spot-lighted the handlers? (Do you guys even get to watch front line?)

Oh, it was so cool, as the heroic handlers are doing their stretches and flexes, their manager is praising what a good job they did on the prior sort and reading off how many scans each of them did. Whoooooooo Hoooooooooo