Why does everyone here hate their job?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Why you ungrateful SOB!!!

hey, where'd the OP Runningman run off to? figured surely he'd want to respond to some of these comments he elicited by now. Perhaps he got wise and quit

Fongz

what is the top rate for fedex drivers? I just recently received a job offering from fedex, which is part time position but the starting wage is at $17.90. I am starting with only $13 at UPS, and I would get the top rate at $26.90 after I work 900 days. And I am doing 110 stops per day on average.

ProfitServiceProfit

what is the top rate for fedex drivers? I just recently received a job offering from fedex, which is part time position but the starting wage is at $17.90. I am starting with only $13 at UPS, and I would get the top rate at $26.90 after I work 900 days. And I am doing 110 stops per day on average.

Stay with UPS, you'll never top out at FedEx. I've been with the company 6+ years, been a FT courier for 4+ years and I make about $.25 more than a new hire. There is no plan for new couriers to reach top out and that's how the company wants it.

hypo hanna

​There is no top rate for any driver hired after around 1997. That is a FedEx lie to sucker people into signing up. You may start out lower at UPS but your pay will eventually be much higher, plus your benefits will be much better. it will keep up with the cost of living and you will have union protection from bad management. Don't waste your life with FedEx.after 900 days at FedEx, you would be luck to be making 19.25.

Last edited:

vantexan

​There is no top rate for any driver hired after around 1997. That is a FedEx lie to sucker people into signing up. You may start out lower at UPS but your pay will eventually be much higher, plus your benefits will be much better. it will keep up with the cost of living and you will have union protection from bad management. Don't waste your life with FedEx.after 900 days at FedEx, you would be luck to be making 19.25.

After almost 3700 days of work since being rehired I'm making $18.17. You must be on one of the highest payscales.

Guapo

After almost 3700 days of work since being rehired I'm making $18.17. You must be on one of the highest payscales.

2900 days for me since rehire and a little over 15....89c more than a new hire. This is why I don't worry about getting canned no matter how hard I try to:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

As others have stated, you will never receive top wage at FedEx. That's NEVER. They are lying to you, plain and simple. Please take note of the numerous responses here indicating this fact and that current employees with several years of experience are barely making more than off-the-street new hires.
If you take a job with FedEx Express, you are stupid. UPS offers you something FedEx never can...a future.