Why does everything that's shipped International require a signature?

dex 84

The shipping cost is too high to risk having to lose it over a disputed driver release.

At least that's what I've been told when I asked this question.

dezguy

They were supposed to roll out international releases, here in 2015. Never heard what happened with that but we were also supposed to be rolling out international releases in 2013 too. I'll believe it when I see it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Used to be if a customer had a release on file we could use it for international until one day the power pad wouldn't allow it. Of course they made the change without telling us first.

Express Courier

At times I'll get flowers that came from mexico and I'm thinking, really, I need to bring these flowers back because no one answered the door? A few times I'll go into shipper release and type in the shipper name but not sure I should be doing that. But seriously, it's stupid most of the time.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
At times I'll get flowers that came from mexico and I'm thinking, really, I need to bring these flowers back because no one answered the door? A few times I'll go into shipper release and type in the shipper name but not sure I should be doing that. But seriously, it's stupid most of the time.

I thought they were considered "perishables" and we can DR them, even at a closed business.

Over at HD anyways, ill get FTD, or proflowers that came from outside the country and the boxes say ok to DR...

McFeely

Huge Member
Used to be if a customer had a release on file we could use it for international until one day the power pad wouldn't allow it. Of course they made the change without telling us first.

I ran into this yesterday. Have somewhat of a PITA customer that runs a blinds business out of his house. Wants the blinds (Int'l) delivered to the garage in the alley, but gotta go to the house to get a signature. So I set him up with a Signature Release on file...evidently that won't work on these international ISRs. So much for trying to be efficient in my P1s.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I ran into this yesterday. Have somewhat of a PITA customer that runs a blinds business out of his house. Wants the blinds (Int'l) delivered to the garage in the alley, but gotta go to the house to get a signature. So I set him up with a Signature Release on file...evidently that won't work on these international ISRs. So much for trying to be efficient in my P1s.
You can provably thank the legal department for
this. They're real good at making our jobs harder than they need to be.

!Retired!

The shipping cost is too high to risk having to lose it over a disputed driver release.

At least that's what I've been told when I asked this question.
Makes sense to me.
MOST, not all, flower shippers have shipper release numbers. Check with your SAL.
Recipient release numbers won't work for any Int'l shipments. Have them sign a bunch of doortags and keep them in your truck.
That's true but doesn't answer my question.
Did you expect a serious answer?

SmithBarney

Just give him a whole pack of door tags...we have a few businesses like this.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Rumor (gasp!) has it that Homeland Security is the cause, what with worldwide terrorism, pipe bombs, anthrax spores, etc. Nasty stuff to leave on an unsuspecting doorstep.