Why does everything that's shipped International require a signature?

Star B

White Lightening
I get a signature if there's those fancy letters by the ASTRA... DSR, ISR, ASR... I've seen plenty of shippers put on the airbill **SIGNATURE REQUIRED** but not pay for the service.

Additionally, the reverse has been true **NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED** and then get the double-beep of ISR.

FedExer267

How do they ignore them? Do they just sign themselves. I DR everything i can but signature required is usually with me til attempt 3.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I get a signature if there's those fancy letters by the ASTRA... DSR, ISR, ASR... I've seen plenty of shippers put on the airbill **SIGNATURE REQUIRED** but not pay for the service.

Additionally, the reverse has been true **NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED** and then get the double-beep of ISR.

Ive experienced that a couple of times too at HD. LoL

But those huge tvs are mostly no sig required ive only had one of the newer curved tvs that had a dsr on it...

whenIgetthere

How do they ignore them? Do they just sign themselves. I DR everything i can but signature required is usually with me til attempt 3.

Ground delv'd a signature required package to my house about 5 years ago. I had asked the shipper to ship it express HAL at my station. Got home, package on doorstep! Requested copy of signature, lo and behold, someone signed my name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground delv'd a signature required package to my house about 5 years ago. I had asked the shipper to ship it express HAL at my station. Got home, package on doorstep! Requested copy of signature, lo and behold, someone signed my name.

Did you follow up with Ground to express your displeasure or were you just happy to have your TV?

CJinx

Didn't say it was a TV, but yes I followed up and got the runaround from 800-GO-FEDEX. Imagine that. And no, I was not happy at all.
When you want to shake things up, always ask to speak to the customer advocate team. They're domestic employees who speak English as their primary language and can get things done. Also, make sure they put it in as a complaint; this will generate a report to the station that forces them to at least acknowledge the incident.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you want to shake things up, always ask to speak to the customer advocate team. They're domestic employees who speak English as their primary language and can get things done. Also, make sure they put it in as a complaint; this will generate a report to the station that forces them to at least acknowledge the incident.

...and (hopefully) follow up with the customer...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Don't mind Cactus, he's just trolling. All he has is the false sense of superiority over Ground drivers.
What your problem is is facing the truth. If you think Ground is providing some kind of quality service well then, think again. Ground has successfully sunk the reputation of FedEx straight in the Ground. I call things the way I see them and Ground is a joke when it comes down to even the basics of professionalism. Express drivers are also very tired of hearing about how Ground lost or misplaced their packages or how they won't pick up a package that's been sitting there for two weeks. It's a good thing for you guys that customers are too busy looking at dollar signs or you'd be out of business faster than :censored2: thru a goose.

Sparky

I deliver in an area that gets loads of international paper, so many times I wish I could just drop it in the mail box and go, I don't even knock for paper if I don't need a signature