Why does the clock in/out machine suck?

trickpony1

I'm sure it has been thought. But when people catch it they should fight it instead of taking it.

But then the employee might develop the mindset of "....my supe won't like me if I keep bringing these mistakes to his attention.".

Psych ops at it's finest.......

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But then the employee might develop the mindset of "....my supe won't like me if I keep bringing these mistakes to his attention.".

Psych ops at it's finest.......
I don't care about someone's feelings when it involves my pay. I don't work at UPS because cardboard gives me a hard on. I do it to earn a check.

That's one reason I make it clear to new guys on day 1 if they think there is an issue with pay I want to know immediately so it can be corrected.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You've had several hundred checks shorted? C'mon.

Yes I have. When "C" was my FT sup for 5-years, nearly every single check was off by 5-10 minutes. If you questioned him, he'd threaten you 'hey Bagels, if you really wanna complain about a couple bucks, I'll follow you around the building and show you where you're stealing time and take that away from you.' Pretty well known that he shaved a minute or so off most employees most days. He was forced to resign over it a few years ago, but only b/c he p'd off upper management (they were fully aware) on something else.

Arguing over it put a target on my back, so I reconciled with a 15-minute dump once a month or so.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes I have. When "C" was my FT sup for 5-years, nearly every single check was off by 5-10 minutes. If you questioned him, he'd threaten you 'hey Bagels, if you really wanna complain about a couple bucks, I'll follow you around the building and show you where you're stealing time and take that away from you.' Pretty well known that he shaved a minute or so off most employees most days. He was forced to resign over it a few years ago, but only b/c he p'd off upper management (they were fully aware) on something else.

Arguing over it put a target on my back, so I reconciled with a 15-minute dump once a month or so.
And you didn't file for the money and the harassment because?

trickpony1

That's one reason I make it clear to new guys on day 1 if they think there is an issue with pay I want to know immediately so it can be corrected.

....and what are you gonna do when you are called into the office with 4 upper manaqement and this conversation occurs, ".....hey Frig.....we need your numbers looking a little (a lot) better. Do you value your nice car and nice home that we provide you? It's your career Frig.....think about it.......".

Welcome to the world of "double bind" stress and psych ops......

You'll probably start shaving timecards?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
....and what are you gonna do when you are called into the office with 4 upper manaqement and this conversation occurs, ".....hey Frig.....we need your numbers looking a little (a lot) better. Do you value your nice car and nice home that we provide you? It's your career Frig.....think about it.......".

Welcome to the world of "double bind" stress and psych ops......

You'll probably start shaving timecards?
Nope. I would rather get chewed out for being ethical than being told I'm an all star for screwing people.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You are not being told to "screw people". You are being told to hit your numbers.
If I'm shorting people of pay I view it as I'm screwing them. There are plenty of ways to adjust timecards to hit numbers. If you have to resort to shaving minutes off someone's timecard you've already lost. I will not mess with pay to make someone in an office with a complete disconnect from operations happy.