Why does UPS hate us so much????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
they smell for blood, if they know you are weak, they will be all over you...

Bingo we have a winner.

We have a fairly new driver that literally looks like he's gonna cry every time management talks to him. Guess what he gets harassed more than just about anyone else.

S

selfcancelsignal

I had a discussion with my boss, about my overallow. . I just said I have been off three weeks, if you really want to compare apples to apples, pull the records of the guy that ran my route, if he was that much better than me, YOU SHOULD DO YOUR JOB AND FIRE ME.

I never miss work, I have no injuries, accidents, complaints. Im just too frickin slow.
The guy that covered for me I talked to today after they pulled the records, talked to him, about me, and he ran .45 better than me in sporh. 5 stops per day.....better.

Yet that is worth throwing a good employee under the bus, threatening continual rides, and I asked for them to come show me, besides being a little slower, what is wrong. Hes 20 yrs younger. He told them instead of beating me every day, they should give me a medal. I appreciated him sticking up for me, but there is nothing better than sticking up for yourself.

Been complaining for years, I no longer care. I can survive on my pension til I find something else.
I think back to all the coulda woulda shoulda things, and I am just a better person, because of them. I never stood up to them, and in turn they cant stand up to their bosses, its better to just find a person who takes it , and beats them up, thump their chest, and feel good about it.

The moral of the story I guess is, UPS can be a hostile environment. If you are a wimp. I have been robbed, threatened, on route, and I got no protection. They want to complain about a little black of a t shirt showing through my uniform, "appearance", yet my truck is so dirty you cannot read the emblem. My windows so filthy, I cant see my mirrors. Image, Oh yes, thats what it is all about.

Im glad I am almost done, and if they find a reason to get rid of me they do me a favor. I dont have as much saved as I would like, but I will survive. If I survived 30 yrs of this I can do anything.
Overallowed is nowhere in the contract! Period! End of discussion.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
asd.jpg
they smell for blood, if they know you are weak, they will be all over you...

if you do your job the way they ask/want.... make some cash my friend

we had a new driver get a warning letter for idle time, 84 minutes... he was truly upset about it, this was last month when the temp was right about 10 degrees... I told him to file a protest letter, he then told me he wasn't a paying member of the union...
My message to that idiot

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Overallowed is nowhere in the contract! Period! End of discussion.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal
Yup, Know that.
But it is very demeaning when those pretty little comic papers are available for all to see. I know they mean nothing. Try being the latest in the district.......Now the spotlight is on me, and there is nothing I can do to fix it, I have really tried. I would really rather be home than working, seriously.
Yet, younger people who manage to satisfy those numbers do not know that. I ended the discussion quite abruptly by saying "compare me to the young guys who ran my route when I was off" And then the tune changed. Oh they know its not me, but they have to hold me accountable. Accountable to what? To a ficticious number "YOU" think I should do? And what scientific equation do you use to "think" that is what I should do. Did you pull them from your hat or your arse? Sick of it. But my saving grace is, I have an out, I can leave. But the more I think about it, the more I think I will stay. The worse you treat me the longer I will stay. Thats my new tune.

Brownslave688

I would really rather be home than working, seriously.]

This is what always amazes me. Do they think I WANT to be working 5 hours after my best friend cracked open a beer? Do I want to heat up dinner in the microwave every night? Do I want to miss every sporting event my kids have during the week? Do I want to get home after my kids go to bed?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lets be honest, they hate the fact that we make what we make. But really who the hell would do this job for less than 25 to 30 bucks an hour. Especially the fact that you get beat like a dog everyday. I think they have it in their mind like, if we are going to pay you what we pay you, then your going to be our slaves. Were going to beat the hell out of you to cripple you, and make sure you cant do anything else during the week and hope we break up your family. Pure hatred, I have never seen a company hate their employees like these jerknuttz hate their employees. Just my opinion that's all.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This is what always amazes me. Do they think I WANT to be working 5 hours after my best friend cracked open a beer? Do I want to heat up dinner in the microwave every night? Do I want to miss every sporting event my kids have during the week? Do I want to get home after my kids go to bed?
The sad part about the hours is people that get off work at 4 or 5 is basically a half day in my eyes and im sure a lot of guys probably feel the same way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lets be honest, they hate the fact that we make what we make. But really who the hell would do this job for less than 25 to 30 bucks an hour. Especially the fact that you get beat like a dog everyday. I think they have it in their mind like, if we are going to pay you what we pay you, then your going to be our slaves. Were going to beat the hell out of you to cripple you, and make sure you cant do anything else during the week and hope we break up your family. Pure hatred, I have never seen a company hate their employees like these jerknuttz hate their employees. Just my opinion that's all.
Sad to say, and I never thought i would see the day, but I agree 100%. We make more than them, and we have more control over our time than they do. And that aint saying much.

Brownslave688

Their checks keep on clearing though. I say bring it on

Ouch

In my eye I really don't care if they hate me or not. Makes it easier to take money from them when I would get grievance checks. Imo this has been in the works for a few years. The two tier pay scale. If they can get rid of us older drivers, they can hire young ones that will go out and run and pay them less money. Less money going out means larger profit margins for them. I loved it when they took our names off the route board and replaced us with numbers. If they consider you a number then they will treat you like a number. I have a contract I work under, so I can stop the ride after ride routine they like to threaten. I can beat them on the so called production bs they like to throw up, and I can get on the 9.5 list so they can't keep me out all night every night without PAYING me very well. Slow, smooth, and safe. I love throwing those triple s' s around. Don't let it bother you. Keep your contract book in your pocket and
Memorize it. If everybody did this you would be amazed how different your work day would be. Yall stay safe.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I know UPS would love to have cheaper labor and no union. But why do they do everything in their power, to piss us off? I understand the need for production, but if you beat a dog, eventually he will bite you back!.......Look at Local 804, they got to the point where "enough Iis enough!" Where does it stop??.....your thoughts!??
Well if the information I've received from this site that the drivers that went off on that wildcat were sent discharge letters today I think clearer heads prevail. If people thought about what was going on and talked about it at actual union meetings the. They could get together and formulate a plan. But drivers make so much money you can only get 10% to actually get involved so it is what it is.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well if the information I've received from this site that the drivers that went off on that wildcat were sent discharge letters today I think clearer heads prevail. If people thought about what was going on and talked about it at actual union meetings the. They could get together and formulate a plan. But drivers make so much money you can only get 10% to actually get involved so it is what it is.
I respectfully disagree. I would go to meetings, if they were not at 7 pm, when I get done at 830. Or on Saturday when its is the one chance I get to be home. How about we have them at 6am, or 7am, and then more of us could show up, because it is important. After all they work for us. ????? And at least the UPS portion cannot make those 7pm meetings.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What I don't get is why keep drivers over 50 years old when you can pay a younger guy with fresh legs and get a lot more work out of them. I get that people are living a lot longer now but just stupid to me to work an older guy whos going to work slower and not as hard rather than a younger guy. Age 55 for retirement, that's just idiotic. Especially since this job in the last 10 years is just ridiculous physically. Anybody starting to drive after like 1995 to 2000, will never see 30 years in package, maybe 20 outside shot at 25 maybe and that's really pushing it. And then theres talk of upping it to 57 to 62. I got one thing to say to those idiots who would even be stupid enough to think that idea, YOU ARE friend KIN STUPID AZ H LL:peaceful:

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I respectfully disagree. I would go to meetings, if they were not at 7 pm, when I get done at 830. Or on Saturday when its is the one chance I get to be home. How about we have them at 6am, or 7am, and then more of us could show up, because it is important. After all they work for us. ????? And at least the UPS portion cannot make those 7pm meetings.
Ours are on Sundays at 9:00 am once a month. It's never convenient but I go.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
That schedule is a little ridiculous. Maybe they are setting it up for a low turnout.