Why does UPS insist on lying to future employees about hours?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BM

OK, Please get your story cleaned up a bit.

First off, lets start with some givens that you cant manipulate in your thread.

that as a PART TIME position, you would expect approximately 3-4 hour days, with of course an hour changing end and start time and an ending 20ish
Oh, now we get a glimpse of the "lying" that was done. You would expect.......thats you bubba, not UPS. You expected to waltz into the job, work a few hours and go home, after all, its a part time job, right?

Well everyone knows that you will get at least 3.5 hours, and maybe more. And I would bet my retirement pay that you were told at least 3.5. So 3 hours was not even feasible, but you expected it. Not told, but expected. Your bad...... But at least you recognized that you would be in the 20ish hour range. Thats 4 hours a day. So why even bring up 3 hours? Not exactly honest, is it?

Next
that they basically straight up lie about how much you will be working throughout orientation, and on the papers that they had out to you.
Tell you what, bubba, you a college student? Why dont you get one of those papers that they "haded" to you, copy it and post it so we can all see the proof of them lying. That would sure clear the air, wouldnt it? If you cant figure out how to do it, this ole dumb truck driver can walk you through it.

Then you posted
that you will be going in twice as much time each day than you were told. That constitutes as lying to me.
YA know bubba, twice as much as you were told. I know that Im just an ole dumb truck driver, but aint that 40ish hours a week? And you want us to believe that you are being truthful, and UPS is the one lying?

Nah, I actually work Twilight which can be between 4-10 PM,
Ah, now we work a shift which can be from 4-10.

But its not, is it.

But even if you worked every second between 4 and 10, thats only 6 hours........Im rusty, so help me with the math. How do you get 40ish hours in a week working at max 6 a day????

Riddle me this, if you know your shift can be between 4 and 10, are you really that stupid to think they might actually ask you to work during those hours?

Some people might take this as a flame, but its an observation really...... I dont believe the problem here is that UPS is the one that was lying?

Ain't nothing wrong with wanting better info when hired
You took this comment as support for your rant, but instead, all he said was that information is a good thing. As U have posted, you knew. You expected other things, but you knew before hand you were going to be working the hours you are. And it actually is a condemnation of your thread, because he assumed that you were being truthful.

Good luck, and so sorry you cant get off early enough to get to your frat parties, but such is life. Full of hard choices.

See, most of us had to pay our own way through school, and we had to work for our money to pay for what you are getting for free. And instead of being thankful for the chance, you whine?

d

bmwils

BM

OK, Please get your story cleaned up a bit.

First off, lets start with some givens that you cant manipulate in your thread.

Oh, now we get a glimpse of the "lying" that was done. You would expect.......thats you bubba, not UPS. You expected to waltz into the job, work a few hours and go home, after all, its a part time job, right?

Well everyone knows that you will get at least 3.5 hours, and maybe more. And I would bet my retirement pay that you were told at least 3.5. So 3 hours was not even feasible, but you expected it. Not told, but expected. Your bad...... But at least you recognized that you would be in the 20ish hour range. Thats 4 hours a day. So why even bring up 3 hours? Not exactly honest, is it?

Next
Tell you what, bubba, you a college student? Why dont you get one of those papers that they "haded" to you, copy it and post it so we can all see the proof of them lying. That would sure clear the air, wouldnt it? If you cant figure out how to do it, this ole dumb truck driver can walk you through it.

Then you posted

YA know bubba, twice as much as you were told. I know that Im just an ole dumb truck driver, but aint that 40ish hours a week? And you want us to believe that you are being truthful, and UPS is the one lying?

Ah, now we work a shift which can be from 4-10.

But its not, is it.

But even if you worked every second between 4 and 10, thats only 6 hours........Im rusty, so help me with the math. How do you get 40ish hours in a week working at max 6 a day????

Riddle me this, if you know your shift can be between 4 and 10, are you really that stupid to think they might actually ask you to work during those hours?

Some people might take this as a flame, but its an observation really...... I dont believe the problem here is that UPS is the one that was lying?

You took this comment as support for your rant, but instead, all he said was that information is a good thing. As U have posted, you knew. You expected other things, but you knew before hand you were going to be working the hours you are. And it actually is a condemnation of your thread, because he assumed that you were being truthful.

Good luck, and so sorry you cant get off early enough to get to your frat parties, but such is life. Full of hard choices.

See, most of us had to pay our own way through school, and we had to work for our money to pay for what you are getting for free. And instead of being thankful for the chance, you whine?

d

Wow you're still here typing out your life story without anyone paying attention? Lol.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Not typing life story, just calling a spade a spade. LOL And to let you know why you are not getting a shoulder to cry on here.

In school, huh?

d

bmwils

Not typing life story, just calling a spade a spade. LOL And to let you know why you are not getting a shoulder to cry on here.

In school, huh?

d

Eh, well when you spend that type of time on a post when I haven't replied in awhile, I think I would be worried for myself. And yes I'm in school.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Eh, well when you spend that type of time on a post when I haven't replied in awhile
I know, lol, its tough when someone catches you in a lie, especially when you were trying to tell us someone else lied.....

As far as "worried for yourself", you are a shining example. But for someone that has been handed life on a silver platter, what can you expect. lmfao

d

bmwils

I know, lol, its tough when someone catches you in a lie, especially when you were trying to tell us someone else lied.....

As far as "worried for yourself", you are a shining example. But for someone that has been handed life on a silver platter, what can you expect. lmfao

d

Lolwut. I sure wish they paid tuition for everyone earlier on, some people could use it.

island1fox

:wink2:Looks like "end of thread" Checkmate !!

As Danny and I know many people have great lives and live it to the fullest every day.

Other people go through life wishing they had one .

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Island,

it is the way of the wouldbe/wannabe's. When you are faced with fact, caught lying, then all that is left is to try to discredit the person that can actually read and put facts together. I guess that is the best he's got....lol

Off to Florida to look at a project.

Have a great weekend.

d

flying dutchman

thats what i dont get there is so many people out there like you that dont give a :censored2: and just MILK there way through the system, if you dont like it then get out go work at burger king, its people like you that screw it up for people who like ups and want to work there..

UPSGUY72

I don't care? I'll take the attitude around here and worry about myself. I'm too overprivaleged with my hours to care about your hub.

To tell you the truth we really don't care about your problem of working to many hours as a PTimer. We just like to stir the pot for :censored2:s and giggles.

flying dutchman

what it comes down to is i think you are getting payed a premium wage to do a premium job. I know plenty of people that would love to have a job at ups. what i think that it is the best job a non college grad can do, and hell is more likley a better paying and all around package then someone who is a college grad and goes out and "gets a job"

I also work in Louisville and wish like hell I'd get 5 or 6 hours a day! I'm a former employee who was fortunate to have been able to get a job back with UPS and doing the same job as when I left. You are lucky bmwils...wanna switch me places??