why doesn't UPS make delivery on Jewish Holidays ?

I GOT ONE MORE

Today i was expecting very important 2 packages from UPS and i saw exception notice and called UPS customer center by the way i live in Boro Park, Brooklyn NY and they told me UPS doesn't make delivery just because of Jewish Holiday, It is not Federal Holiday but they don't make delivery .. then i asked to speak with supervisor and field manager called me and she said the same thing, after i started to complain about it UPS field Manager hanged up the phone..

Is it legal ? can i take legal action ?

What i got from this, UPS dont give ***** for other people and they don't make deliveries on Jewsih Holidays !

100% BS post.

Just reread it slowly. Some jerkwad is just trying to get a rise out of some of the forum.

And I'm not even Jewish,

But I did marry one.

Shalom.

balland chain

This company does what they want when they want. They have no regard for people and their needs. I would firs t file a complaint with Atlanta GA, corporate offices. Did you get a name of the manager your spoke with? I live in the deep south, and we do make deliveries on the holy days. Make some calls to corporate, expressing your dissatisfaction with how the situation was handled. Bottom line , UPS was wrong, and I have never not delivered on a Jewish holiday. GL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This company does what they want when they want. They have no regard for people and their needs. I would firs t file a complaint with Atlanta GA, corporate offices. Did you get a name of the manager your spoke with? I live in the deep south, and we do make deliveries on the holy days. Make some calls to corporate, expressing your dissatisfaction with how the situation was handled. Bottom line , UPS was wrong, and I have never not delivered on a Jewish holiday. GL

Are there a lot of Jewish communities in the Bible Belt?

Never not?

bklynupser

That area is 99% Jewish. The major avenues are all closed. The center doesn't close they just cut those rts in the area. Most of the res do go out and r attempted

menotyou

bella amicizia
That area is 99% Jewish. The major avenues are all closed. The center doesn't close they just cut those rts in the area. Most of the res do go out and r attempted
So, they close down the area? I don't have many Jewish people where I live, so I am curious.

bklynupser

It's an area that is 20blocks wide by 5 blocks long. It's a very condensed area. All the comm stops get sheeted closed holiday. They try to get as much of the resi stops out. Plus in that area a lot ppl run business out of there house. It is hard to know what's comm or resi. The poster should call ups and tell them his address is not a comm stop. This is going to keep happening if he doesn't call and change it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
100% BS post.

Just reread it slowly. Some jerkwad is just trying to get a rise out of some of the forum.

And I'm not even Jewish,

But I did marry one.

Shalom.
I agree. This is a load of crap. Around here, attempts are made unless it is known closed business. I have several Yavapai/Apache Tribal offices and they have their own holidays. I attempt unless I am told the day before they will be closed. Then I sheet closed holiday.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's an area that is 20blocks wide by 5 blocks long. It's a very condensed area. All the comm stops get sheeted closed holiday. They try to get as much of the resi stops out. Plus in that area a lot ppl run business out of there house. It is hard to know what's comm or resi. The poster should call ups and tell them his address is not a comm stop. This is going to keep happening if he doesn't call and change it.
I take it they are mostly Orthodox? ( I am quite curious what NYC in like. Sad, I live in this state and have never been.)

bklynupser

Yes. It's a pain in the ass they want early pickups on Fridays. Than when they've open they want to be the last pickup. It's crazy and ups bends over backwards for them.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
UPS would deliver on Armageddon Day if there were volume to be had. Not only that, word has it, that Jesus only came back from the dead because he was worried about the no call/no shows on his Pittsburgh. Also, I heard Kris Kringle, long ago, worked for UPS, but quit when he was threatened with a warning letter for not getting the sleigh back in time for the morning sort.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And maybe your future pension. Look at the big picture of you joker

LMAO!!! Are you seriously delusional enough to believe that UPS would HONESTLY give a rats behind if you or any of your co-worker's were to drop dead tomorrow? NOPE. Your immediate co-workers would, but anyone above that, or UPS as a whole could not care less.

Why do you think MANY UPSers (the smart ones at least), set up 401K's, it's because we don't really have any faith in UPS managing our pension. I'll save my money and be set for retirement, meanwhile you can continue to believe UPS wants to take care of you after you retire.

ok, one more quick point. UPS doesn't give a damn about us now, and we still work here, why would they want to look out for us after we roll out the door for good?

bluexxx

ok , i guess it is kindda my fault , i havent given enough info ... i got email around 2:30 am from UPS and it was saying ..

" THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED" that i never did such a request ..and remeber this was an email so i called UPS around 3 am, first it said customer service center close but i preseed "0" so many times then i got a rep and told her i never did such a request so i want my packages to be delivered today , she said they will forward my request to local center ..and someone called from local center and told me the resolution is to make delivery next day and i told her this is not resolution and resoultion should be making the delivery on time..then she hanged up the phone !!!

So UPS pretended like i called them and requested but i never did !

And yes , i found this forum because after UPS.com , it has the most popular platform and not under control of them ...

thessalonian13

Today i was expecting very important 2 packages from UPS and i saw exception notice and called UPS customer center by the way i live in Boro Park, Brooklyn NY and they told me UPS doesn't make delivery just because of Jewish Holiday, It is not Federal Holiday but they don't make delivery .. then i asked to speak with supervisor and field manager called me and she said the same thing, after i started to complain about it UPS field Manager hanged up the phone..

Is it legal ? can i take legal action ?

What i got from this, UPS dont give ***** for other people and they don't make deliveries on Jewsih Holidays !
That is the biggest crock of you know what I have heard. LOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ok , i guess it is kindda my fault , i havent given enough info ... i got email around 2:30 am from UPS and it was saying ..

" THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED" that i never did such a request ..and remeber this was an email so i called UPS around 3 am, first it said customer service center close but i preseed "0" so many times then i got a rep and told her i never did such a request so i want my packages to be delivered today , she said they will forward my request to local center ..and someone called from local center and told me the resolution is to make delivery next day and i told her this is not resolution and resoultion should be making the delivery on time..then she hanged up the phone !!!

So UPS pretended like i called them and requested but i never did !

And yes , i found this forum because after UPS.com , it has the most popular platform and not under control of them ...

And so now you know that your end-around was in vain since we don't care either. :wink2:

Jesus was a Jewish carpenter and a damm good one at that. I bet he would be a union one at that. I would drink wine with that cat he would speak in parables all night and we would wash each others feet. Thats a good bro if I might say so myself.