why dont we have yearly reviews at ups???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Is there a reason this doesn't happen at UPS? Most jobs have somekind of review process,also for employees to express concerns or comments to management. When I first started years ago pt,they would take employees out go breakfast to talk about different things...I'm sure that 6 dollar breakfast once a year really broke the bank.

Southwestern

Gone with the anniversary awards, safe driving awards, Christmas turkeys, etc.

But seriously... yearly review? What would it say? "coldworld, your performance is outstanding but you're overpaid and can be replaced easily. The next time I need an ego boost, I'm going to fire you. Keep up the hard work. Your friendly center manager."

UPSGUY72

Is there a reason this doesn't happen at UPS? Most jobs have somekind of review process,also for employees to express concerns or comments to management. When I first started years ago pt,they would take employees out go breakfast to talk about different things...I'm sure that 6 dollar breakfast once a year really broke the bank.

Why do we need a review ??? It doesn't matter how good you do your job or if your the biggest friend-up in the world you still going to get the same pay.

I don't care how they think I'm preforming as long as I get paid every week I'll put in a fair days work everyday I come to work.

As for the comments on management they make you fill out a form once a year on the computer if you have a problem make a comment there.

hypocrisy

Banned
You get a review all year 'round. If you are performing well you hear nothing. If you are on some type of list (whatever the reason) you hear alllll about it.

We are reviewed daily with telematics. Also we are harassed and berated on a daily bases. Don't you think that's enough. I know I think that enough is enough.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They used to call these TLA meetings--Talk, Listen, Act. The on-car would take us out to Friendly's and review our performance for the preceding year. I don't remember all of the areas that we discussed but among them were send agains, over/under, DFU's, concerns and sales leads. We would then discuss any areas that need improvement and work on an action plan for the following year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Must have been before 1997.

Things have changed.

Ask the Teamsters to take you out to breakfast.:sad-very:

GolfCart

We had a review 2 yrs ago ............ you had ?? late airs , you had ?? sick days , accidents , injuries , ?? missed packages ....... NOTHING good came out of the meeting . He even pulled up where a had a wreck like 10 yrs ago ???????? He talked about my uniform , shoes , etc . What my job is .......... Just alot of CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At my hub , if you talk to a supervisor ANYTIME , you are wasting your time .

I have but I don't think it is realistic to ever expect to return to the relationship that existed before that.

Ask a woman whose husband betrayed her when she will get over it. Just saying.
Me and my boys will never forget either. Sounds like a middle eastern conflict where we will not forget for a thousand years. Sounds like the new ups to me. Game on

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why do we need a review ??? It doesn't matter how good you do your job or if your the biggest friend-up in the world you still going to get the same pay.

I don't care how they think I'm preforming as long as I get paid every week I'll put in a fair days work everyday I come to work.

As for the comments on management they make you fill out a form once a year on the computer if you have a problem make a comment there.

To me the only downfall of being union.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are 2 reasons why we dont have a review process.

1. They dont care what you think of them.

2. You shouldnt care what they think of you.

govols019

You smell that?
I have but I don't think it is realistic to ever expect to return to the relationship that existed before that.

Ask a woman whose husband betrayed her when she will get over it. Just saying.

A lot of the "relationship" has changed in just the last few years. I don't think you can put that on 1997.

Comparing it to a marriage is a little much, don't you think?

My math was off, closer to 15 years.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Competition is getting old, also. When you are netting the kind of billions UPS is, that is a moot point.

The real issue is getting that stock to hover around $80 no matter what it takes, no matter how many humans you walk over to do it.