why dont we have yearly reviews at ups???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Don't be fooled kids !!They treated us like crap before the strike in 97!!
Although they were a tad bit more human then, ie Coldcut platters on Christmas Eve,,Hot soup on some bitter cold nights,flowers when child came!! and back then we had give away tokens like UPS hats,shirts ,trucks whatever !
Back in those days ,the S.S (salaried sups ) could be found on rte hiding behind trees ,following you in strange cars,going through send agains and calling stops to see if they got a delivery notice !!
At times you could come back to your P/C (hopefully you locked it ) And find one standing in the middle of the car !
The S.s would call your pick ups to check on you,,,search cars at night for missed call tags,,hell at one time they even tried to make drivers pay for late NDA pkg !! These are just a few that I can recall !
I'm sure the older guys/gals could name a lot more!
mind you this was back in the days before automatics,power steering and diads and Shorts !!
They didn't have Telematics to do all this,just good old harrassment teqniques !!
So DON"T ever think working here Pre 1997 was like going to Disney !!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Great. They have always been vile bastards. What do they do, roam through the police files finding people who kick dogs for fun. "hey, I have a job for you!!".

trouble maker

Is there a reason this doesn't happen at UPS? Most jobs have somekind of review process,also for employees to express concerns or comments to management. When I first started years ago pt,they would take employees out go breakfast to talk about different things...I'm sure that 6 dollar breakfast once a year really broke the bank.

Because everyone to them is dirty, and we all suck.

trouble maker

Don't be fooled kids !!They treated us like crap before the strike in 97!!
Although they were a tad bit more human then, ie Coldcut platters on Christmas Eve,,Hot soup on some bitter cold nights,flowers when child came!! and back then we had give away tokens like UPS hats,shirts ,trucks whatever !
Back in those days ,the S.S (salaried sups ) could be found on rte hiding behind trees ,following you in strange cars,going through send agains and calling stops to see if they got a delivery notice !!
At times you could come back to your P/C (hopefully you locked it ) And find one standing in the middle of the car !
The S.s would call your pick ups to check on you,,,search cars at night for missed call tags,,hell at one time they even tried to make drivers pay for late NDA pkg !! These are just a few that I can recall !
I'm sure the older guys/gals could name a lot more!
mind you this was back in the days before automatics,power steering and diads and Shorts !!
They didn't have Telematics to do all this,just good old harrassment teqniques !!
So DON"T ever think working here Pre 1997 was like going to Disney !!!
Couldn't have said it any better cove. However you forgot to mention that when they were hiding behind trees, they usually had a video camera with them. I remember those days all too well.

onewithedd

Is there a reason this doesn't happen at UPS? Most jobs have somekind of review process,also for employees to express concerns or comments to management. When I first started years ago pt,they would take employees out go breakfast to talk about different things...I'm sure that 6 dollar breakfast once a year really broke the bank.

Nowadays they call it the "Open Door Policy" but beware of the wrath of harassment among other things that will probably follow for suggesting such things in managements perfect world. As for the 6 dollar breakfasts, they took our Christmas turkey and Safe Driving gifts away, and no six foot sub from Subway at the end of peak. Although we did get one this past Xmas but it was purchased by a driver anonymously.