Why Duplicate threads are combined - WHAT HAS brown cafe has turned in to ...

article22

Banned
This is not an open forum anymore>>>if you make a post and a moderator dont like it they erase it!!!! Let the members discuss what they want to without your deleting!! The end!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you started yet another thread on the contract, it didn't get deleted it was merged with this one.

If you started yet another thread about Hoffa/Hall, it didn't get deleted it was merged with this one.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is not an open forum anymore>>>if you make a post and a moderator dont like it they erase it!!!! Let the members discuss what they want to without your deleting!! The end!!

Do we really need another thread about the same subject?

Try being creative and post something that has a different angle to it.
The threads that are not just a rehash of the same ole zit are left up.

After the first 50 threads on the contract, one more is not needed.

See Jones post #3 to see where the Mods are combining the "ditto" threads into the original threads on the subject.

PS - The Mods combine duplicate threads like yours all the time at the request of other members who report these duplicate threads and typically ask, "Do we really need another thread about the same subject?"

Nimnim

The Nim

See Jones post #3 to see where the Mods are combining the "ditto" threads into the original threads on the subject.

PS - The Mods combine duplicate threads like yours all the time at the request of other members who report these duplicate threads and typically ask, "Do we really need another thread about the same subject?"

Response to the bolded. I know I've reported a few threads over the years with that. Heck I'll openly admit I reported the "t d u sucks" thread since there was a "tdu sucks" thread about 7 pages back in the union discussions. If they posted in that one it would be brought back to page 1. Same OP if I recall as well. . .

Now it does sometimes get annoying when you have 3-4 threads all with multiple pages of comments merged together. It reflags as partially unread and following the discussion can be confusing but it's better to keep like threads together.

InsideUPS

Can I start a new thread regarding the purchase of some UPS socks?

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/...s-brown-cafe-has-turned-349817/#ixzz2RlzSQ3yJ
Try it!

Make my day!

Sorry Hoaxster.....the award now goes to "bottomups".....however.....since this is his first award....I will keep it smaller.

Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg
Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting

To be fair this site has been around for almost 15 years, all of the threads at one time it another are similar to others and many topics have been posted hundreds of times...that's why you see most of the old guard posting less and less..

Nimnim

The Nim
To be fair this site has been around for almost 15 years, all of the threads at one time it another are similar to others and many topics have been posted hundreds of times...that's why you see most of the old guard posting less and less..

Certainly true, but when there's multiple threads about the same topic within a few days well. . .