WHY ERI?

UPSSOCKS

This year - the new hires (3 weeks in) were allowed ERI, but I was not. Reason for that?

Some employees are intelligent enough to take the ERI. I didn't bead you as "one of those" but if the shoes fits.. Well.. You know... By not letting you take it saves the company headaches and you from being embarrassed. We can't have ignorant employees making this out to be a big deal, or taking too long to complete the thing. We have x amount of surveys that need done anyone who thinks of it as more than what it is doesn't need to take it.

whiskeyagogo

I got to take it, anyone could. Whats the big deal its voluntary, tell them you want to and let it flow.

It isn't voluntary for us, it is mandatory. They run reports on the number of people who did it and if the total is less than they expect, they walk around asking each person individually if they did it. If you tell the truth and say no, you are ordered to complete it immediately. No way that's voluntary.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It should be mandatory for every employee with a UPS issued ID to take it. That way managers can't cherry pick the people who take it.

eastsidejonny

As a former front line management person , I felt the annual frequency of taking the survey was way too much . The only value was if you had your head in the sand and had no clue what was happening around you. Then perhaps you could change some things to lift morale. But when times are tough and everybody is racing to the bottom , making employees happy falls back

Having said that , I feel fortunate to be sitting home with a pension and health care. Great company financially .... people skills getting there? Needs work.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This is the first time in 5 yrs they asked me to take. Last time they let whole center take ERI. The center manager was terminated..

annoyed804

WHY after years of taking the ERI are we doing it again?...
Let's try to keep this simple. First of all the company really does not care about the eri. It's just a game that they have in place to make us believe that they are human and care about the employees. It's a big smokescreen. Ups is the most ruthless company that I have ever come across and it is the worst it's ever been. Yes..they make money but never lose sight of the fact that we are all just a number. Here today gone tomorrow.

FEGuy

I took it against my better judgement, And I stated in my 1600 character diatribe, that the managemtnt are good people who have their panties in a knot trying to achieve the impossible, and trying to tie our panties in a knot trying to achieve what their bosses want them to achieve. I said it less eloquently. Now we will see if they are really confidential, coz if my boss reads mine, there is NO DOUBT he knows who wrote it.

Ok, here is your opportunity to show us that you are not as dumb as your post makes you appear.
You know, surely, that your center team will get to see the comments. They are all compiled and returned to each operation. If the comments, as well as the actual results, weren't shown to the center management teams, what would the purpose of the survey be? Ok, you can reply to that.
Yes, YOUR center management team will be able to read the comments that YOU made. If you are surprised by that, I cannot help you. Your boss is going to read it. If it is written in such a way thay you identified yourself, oh well...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FE, I think you owe tooner an apology. There is nothing wrong with expressing a personal opinion as long as you avoid personal attacks. Knowing tooner I am sure she did the former while avoiding the latter. I applaud her straightforwardness.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, here is your opportunity to show us that you are not as dumb as your post makes you appear.
You know, surely, that your center team will get to see the comments. They are all compiled and returned to each operation. If the comments, as well as the actual results, weren't shown to the center management teams, what would the purpose of the survey be? Ok, you can reply to that.
Yes, YOUR center management team will be able to read the comments that YOU made. If you are surprised by that, I cannot help you. Your boss is going to read it. If it is written in such a way thay you identified yourself, oh well...
Iron Guy....quit calling her Shirley!!! I'm not too happy about "dumb" either. Is that how you learned to treat women???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FE, I think you owe tooner an apology. There is nothing wrong with expressing a personal opinion as long as you avoid personal attacks. Knowing tooner I am sure she did the former while avoiding the latter. I applaud her straightforwardness.

While FE will never be described as suave and debonair or considerate, he answered Toons correctly and to the point.

Toons asserted the ERI is confidential which it is as long as you only answer the questions. Just as we can many times deduce who a new double identity poster is by analyzing the way they punctuate and other characteristics of their posts, the center management may be able to deduce who wrote something in the ERI free form entry.

sosocal

While FE will never be described as suave and debonair or considerate, he answered Toons correctly and to the point.

Toons asserted the ERI is confidential which it is as long as you only answer the questions. Just as we can many times deduce who a new double identity poster is by analyzing the way they punctuate and other characteristics of their posts, the center management may be able to deduce who wrote something in the ERI free form entry.

All true, but the comment report comes seperate from the statistal report of the questions and it has all comments listed randomly BY DISTRICT. There is no way to tell what operation, Divsion, or even area of the District the comments came from. Based on the the general comments listed I highly doubt your manager will know it was you--I think about 50 percent of the comments will say something very similar. If you didn't name anyone specific are or associate yourself with you center it would be a needle in a haystack fpr someone to identify you.