WHY ERI?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Management still has a list of who took the ERI. In order. Don,t be naive
I threw the radar out the window a long time ago. I have never hidden how I feel. Just not my style.
My respect for my center manager, on-car and district health manager had risen greatly. They know how hard I am working and are approving things that I am doing to try and get back to the truck. They have called Liberty on my behalf, ordering them to pay certain things. I might even have to re-think how I feel about the district people. Might. These last few years have definitely been a learning experience, along with a type of bonding. My anger has waned. I still believe what I believe, I am just not as emotional as I was when this all first started. Acceptance is a difficult pill to swallow.

TSJ

UPS uses ERI results as a bargaining tool for the upcoming contract. When the union presents a pressing issue, UPS will counter with the ERI results; the workers opinion. So make sure you answer each survey truthfully.

Inthegame

Maybe I'm the dope but I used to include my name after my comments. It didn't seem quite right to blast away on paper what I wouldn't say to their faces. Haven't taken an ERI for awhile though...

PS Hope things are working out for you, menotyou.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Maybe I'm the dope but I used to include my name after my comments. It didn't seem quite right to blast away on paper what I wouldn't say to their faces. Haven't taken an ERI for awhile though...

PS Hope things are working out for you, menotyou.
Thank you, Inthegame. Surgery january 10th. I hope this one works, too. I miss my truck.

pretzel_man

I assume you were speaking taking the entire workforce for the company.
Actually up a little in our group.

The "Company of Choice" section was another story.

Yes, I was talking about the entire company.

The "employer of choice" for UIS is identical to last year. Globally, its slightly higher (2 pts).

sosocal

I recently saw the ERI results for my District - WOW - I guess this explains why it took 6 weeks for the company to release the results....I have never seen it even close to this bad---The comments were BRUTAL from PT to FT to Management....BRUTAL....I guess when you can speak your mind anonymously people suddenly notice the 600 Pound GORILLA in the room!!!!!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I recently saw the ERI results for my District - WOW - I guess this explains why it took 6 weeks for the company to release the results....I have never seen it even close to this bad---The comments were BRUTAL from PT to FT to Management....BRUTAL....I guess when you can speak your mind anonymously people suddenly notice the 600 Pound GORILLA in the room!!!!!!!

Our department was good for today's standards but other groups I saw and the company as a whole were bad. Can't deny that.

It seems "in the old days" the accepted "lowest percent" would be around 85 and anything below 70 was a big deal.
Some groups I saw did not have anything 85 or above.

If the Board and Management Committee were looking for feedback, I would say they certainly got it.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Our department was good for today's standards but other groups I saw and the company as a whole were bad. Can't deny that.

It seems "in the old days" the accepted "lowest percent" would be around 85 and anything below 70 was a big deal.
Some groups I saw did not have anything 85 or above.

If the Board and Management Committee were looking for feedback, I would say they certainly got it.

IF being the operative word.

old levi's

blank space
As far as I know the ERI/EOS is not a contractually negotiated requirement-- what other reason would UPS have for administering the survey?
So they can state in a glossy publication that they value the opinions of their employees, and show as evidence the distribution of the company wide survey. But not the results!

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is used as a tool in negotiations to depict the employees are happy; therefore, uninterested in any action to shake up the status-quo.

texan

It isn't voluntary for us, it is mandatory. They run reports on the number of people who did it and if the total is less than they expect, they walk around asking each person individually if they did it. If you tell the truth and say no, you are ordered to complete it immediately. No way that's voluntary.
The same where I am at.:happy2:

david cassin

dublinbrown
its a waste of time they nvr listen to any comments that are made.same old same old,oh we will set up office meetings driver meetings .yes and then no meetings or if there is one thats all thats done

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
ok...ya think they spend money to survey all the people for no purpose?

On a local level you probably won't see a direct reaction, but corporately they use the information to set policy, plan compensation, and negotiate contracts.

Its not intended to be a local gripe tool. It weighs the overall sentiment of employees.