Why has the Union let the Safety Committees be taken over by management?

DS

Fenderbender
It means if they see you not look left right left ONE time they are giving you a warning letter. It means if they see you miss a hand rail ONE time you are getting a warning letter. It means if you dont turn your hazards off between stops you are getting a warning letter. They then try to use the discipline and threat of further discipline to force you to make their phony numbers.... BTW the three examples are not what could happen, they are what I have seen happen....

I have seen the same thing.
It goes like this.
Since ups allows each hub to run as if was it's own little franchise,it often happens that an overzealous center manager,goes wild and digs out the dead wood.
If your production is bad,you get 3 ride alongs,if you don't hit your sporh ,they follow you and document your mistakes.
The only problem is,when they fire everybody,and they get moved to Iowa,after arbitration everyone gets their job back and it all starts over again.I realize how important production is as it is with every company,but I believe this new push is putting the safety of everyone at risk.
As a seasoned driver,I am appalled that they have gone so far having IE decide from space how we do our area,without consulting us about it's inherent logistical inaccuracies.
They will no doubt attain their record profits this year but at what expense ?
Our customers are not blind.
Ok I got a tad off topic,but as a certain center manager that quit told me awhile back,when I asked why,he said,I don't like the direction the company is headed.
I don't either.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have heard that from several management people about not liking the direction of the company. All the nice ones left. Now, we are stuck with..........