Why I don't ship FedEX

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rates increase every year. We usually announce our rate increase first and FedEx follows closely behind. It used to be in past years that the drivers would deliver the new rate charts to our shippers and we would catch the brunt of their complaints. Most of our shippers do so electronically so rate increases are much easier to put in place.

I tell my shippers that the new rates do not include my gratuity.

FedExer267

LOL. I'm starting to get the feeling that you are your own self-fulfilling prophecy at the job you loathe.

Lets put it this way. When I ship out I use UPS atleast they get paid for the career they have. Your right I do a job til I find a career. The job I have dosen't pay the bills why not use a service that treats their employees right. Why use my money to make FedEx richer when they are perfectly fine with treating their frontlines like crap. I use UPS and I tell everyone I know to use UPS.

bbsam

Staff member
Lets put it this way. When I ship out I use UPS atleast they get paid for the career they have. Your right I do a job til I find a career. The job I have dosen't pay the bills why not use a service that treats their employees right. Why use my money to make FedEx richer when they are perfectly fine with treating their frontlines like crap. I use UPS and I tell everyone I know to use UPS.
So you are paying higher prices to a company that would be more than happy to put you and your company out of business thus...somehow...making a point...which...is...is...huh?:wink2:

FedExer267

So you are paying higher prices to a company that would be more than happy to put you and your company out of business thus...somehow...making a point...which...is...is...huh?:wink2:
bbsam it is only like 70 cents more to ship with UPS. Which raises the question FedEx raises rates the same as UPS every year and look at what their employees enjoy in pay and benefits. Where does the money go FedEx gets when they raise rates we dont see any of it.
Why support a company that treats their frontlines so badly. This company is nothing more than a job not a carrer. Why does it matter that I use UPS what diffrence am I going to make. I just prefer UPS because why make FedEx and Contractors richer when they can't even kick in a paid holiday or a paid vacation. I choose for my packages to go with happy employees who take pride in their job.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I go out of my way to only do business with UPS. Yes I'm a UPS driver but my point of view is the result of being a tax payer and a brother of a Ground driver. Also along with only shipping UPS I also go out of my way to inform every potential FDX customer of FDX business structure. After I get done explaining how their low wages drive their Ground and H.D. drivers to government assistance they are always both shocked and disgusted. They too are amazed in how a company that has their kind of profits and global foot print seem to seemingly sit on their hands and actually incourage their contractors practices of under paying their drivers.

FedExer267

Wow your brother sounds like any other driver at Ground I know. Hey bbsam I told you I am not the only driver that has to put up with this unjustified way of doing business. There are more of us than you think and it is really sad when a billion dollar company treats people like this. Maybe the three ghost of christmas will pay a visit to Fred Scrooge this year.

lovemyupser

Does that mean you don't ship with UPS as well?
http://www.rates.ups.com/

Does that mean you don't ship with USPS also?
http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2010/pr10_103.htm

I hardly ever ship with USPS since I married my UPS man. The only time I do is when I ship care packages to the soldiers in war zones. We live 5 minutes from the husbands work so I just fill out the paper for my package and send it with him to work. It gets charged to the credit card and I write it off on taxes. I don't feel like I have to ship with UPS since he works there, I just know my stuff will be taken care of and get to where it needs to go in a timely manor.