Why I give... (Un Way)

watdaflock?

Two years ago....somehow When I signed up for a one time donation of 1.00....That became a dollar a week out of my check for the year.
Same thing happened here. I'll be at zero donations, as soon as the paper is handed out again.

*What month do they pass out the paperwork for United Way, anyways?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Rape, incest, fetal distress and/or health of the mother?
Those are some of the few instances I think it's acceptable.

But as far as having someone butchered who has no say in the matter just because you couldn't keep your legs shut, no. Though I often find I have mixed feelings about it because they're usually the people who shouldn't be breeding and spreading their genes anyway.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
This is not about upmfs!

You make good money; why wouldn't you give a little each week to help out someone less fortunate than you?

Are you that calloused; Do you have no soul?

There but by the Grace of God, go I.

Make sure your family places those few extra C-notes into your coffin so it can rot right along side of your self centered body.

@cheryl
Why do I get this alert?
Screenshot_2016-06-19-17-18-14.png
Screenshot_2016-06-19-17-18-29.png

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is not about upmfs!

You make good money; why wouldn't you give a little each week to help out someone less fortunate than you?

Are you that calloused; Do you have no soul?

There but by the Grace of God, go I.

Make sure your family places those few extra C-notes into your coffin so it can rot right along side of your self centered body.
The United Way donations through our paychecks is ABSOLUTELY about UPS! I'm all for helping out the less fortunate (and I do what I can) but I will NOT partcipate in making UPS look good by doing so. Management can bug me all they want about "we want 100% participation". They can go pound sand.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I give $5 a week but that's only because my center manager is a decent guy. I'm not a fan of the UW. We make various charitable donations to a few organizations that are dear to our hearts. Pediatric cancer research is a big one that my wife supports.

We always try to make sure the money is actually going towards the cause and not mostly administration and salary costs. The UW isn't that great IMO about that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Same thing happened here. I'll be at zero donations, as soon as the paper is handed out again.

*What month do they pass out the paperwork for United Way, anyways?
I wanna say the beginning of October of last year was most recent one. I refused to sign the form....even to check the box that says I was chosing not to donate. And magically, that solved the problem.

My advice....When they hand you the form this year..refuse to fill it out and sign it altogether. That way they can't go back and "edit" it to suit their participation needs.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Quick question, is the app ever going to have all the same features as if using the browser to view BC?
Nope. We use the Tapatalk forum app and they have pretty much stopped updating features. I pay a monthly fee to them for Android and Apple apps. There have been several requests from forum admins for additional features but they are covering a lot of different forums using different programs like xenforo or vbulletin and are ignoring requests to add features because it gets too complicated.

Try the forum in a browser. Works well with pure xenforo.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Nope. We use the Tapatalk forum app and they have pretty much stopped updating features. I pay a monthly fee to them for Android and Apple apps. There have been several requests from forum admins for additional features but they are covering a lot of different forums using different programs like xenforo or vbulletin and are ignoring requests to add features because it gets too complicated.

Good,good

Start a pay site.
We will help
You know that