Second best company
10 Companies With Great Tuition Reimbursement Programs

Reality

"Wouldn't it be great to earn $15,000 for your college education?"
-YES IT WOULD
"Join the UPS team in a part-time position and you can do just that"
- OK I WILL

"Available in 51 UPS locations across the nation"
- Turns out my Hub like Hundreds of others isn't one of those 51. They should be listed.

Why did YOU JOIN?

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Indecisi0n

Like these guys say "it is what you make it." Is it a tough job? Yes. Some days it drains you both physically and mentally to where you want to quit but you keep moving. In the end you are rewarded.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I didn't join .
I got a job and survived .
I still can remember that first night and all the faces around me .
Sadly they have all gone somewhere else.
To be replaced time & time again by new faces .

ibleedbrown

they might not have tuition reimbursement at your hub, but wait a few months when your insurance kicks in it will cover your bipolar medication.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
MY VIEW OF UPS:
Second best company
10 Companies With Great Tuition Reimbursement Programs

Reality

"Wouldn't it be great to earn $15,000 for your college education?"
-YES IT WOULD
"Join the UPS team in a part-time position and you can do just that"
- OK I WILL

"Available in 51 UPS locations across the nation"
- Turns out my Hub like Hundreds of others isn't one of those 51. They should be listed.

Why did YOU JOIN?

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Sounds like you should have asked your local HR manager about this before signing on. Tuition reimbursement should be universally offered, but it's generally only offered in "college towns." UPS paid for my community college (2 years) but that $1,500 ain't much (better than nothing) towards (in-state) tuition at a state university.

We used to have an $8,000 "earn and learn" loan wherein UPS (on top of tuition reimbursement) would pay $2,000 on the principle for every year you worked ($8,000 over 4 years, but you had to repay the interest) if you were going to school. It was a pretty sweet program but they axed it in early '08. I still owe a decent chunk of change on my student loans, but it's quite a bit less than I would have had to pay if UPS didn't offer the program. Quite frankly, I'm surprised UPS hasn't pared back or eliminated the reimbursement program yet. It's useful for recruiting the PT workforce they want (young college kids that will hopefully leave in 4 years) and I'm sure they get some sort of tax cut for offering it.

Right now, I'm learning Español on UPS' dime. :smart: