Why I joined UPS.

oldupsman

I really didn't join. 1975. I'm broke and out of work. Had a buddy working for some little trucking company called UPS. Had never heard of them.
Said he needed help for 2 months for Christmas. Want a job? Yeah, sure what the hell. What a lucky break. Ended up set for life. Go figure.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I really didn't join. 1975. I'm broke and out of work. Had a buddy working for some little trucking company called UPS. Had never heard of them.
Said he needed help for 2 months for Christmas. Want a job? Yeah, sure what the hell. What a lucky break. Ended up set for life. Go figure.

I was born in 1975. Hmmmm, go figure. :p

I didn't "join". But in the end I like what I do and 90% actually don't mind coming to work and doing it on the daily. And the free benes and $80k/year sure helps.

Argize

1975 here as well. I was a 16 yr old junior in high school who needed funds to support his Motocross racing habit. A buddy of mine said, " I hear they're hiring down at UPS"; I went down, applied and within 2 weeks I was discovering the joys of unloading a trailer in 95 degree heat. What a wild and crazy ride it's been!:twister2: