Why is Christmas such a threat to some people?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"We have 54 trees in the White House," an excited Michelle Obama proudly told visitors the other day. "54! That’s a lot of trees."

Is she that stupid to brag about that, or did someone make that up?
maroon.

It's such a close # to the 57 states her spouse says we have!! Like 2 peas in a pod!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, that is good! Christianity is NOT A RELIGION!! LMAO!!
Christianity might be a foundation, but the religions all have their own names......Lutheran, Episcopal, Roman Catholic, etc.

You want to join the "Christianity Religion"? Be ready for the 2nd question. Which one ??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I especially like how Bill Orielly believes "HIS" religious beliefs need to be protected! He wants "HIS" points of view on christmas in the public square so he can feel good about "HIS" beliefs, but then rejects everyone else's belief systems in the process.

Why is Bill Orielly more important than the rest of the country?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
My post was my opinion and it doesn't matter what O'Reilly has to say.

Seems the Fox people register big on your scale!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
i41ffd.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
SOS every year!!

Insufferable lib twits.

Via Campus Reform:
The student government at the University of California-Berkeley (CAL) passed a resolution last month that would ban Salvation Army bell ringers and their iconic red kettles from campus this Christmas because of the Christian organization’s alleged bias against homosexuality.

The resolution, cleared on November 14, accuses the charity of openly discriminating against gay individuals.
“Salvation Army church services, including charity services, are available only to people ‘who accept and abide by the Salvation Army’s doctrine and discipline,’ which excludes homosexuality,” reads the bill, SB 176.
In the resolution, the student body also demands school administrators revoke the Salvation Army’s permit, which currently allows them to collect donations on the Berkeley campus.

“Allowing the Salvation Army to collect donations on campus is a form of financial assistance that empowers the organization to spend the money it raises here in order to discriminate and advocate discrimination against queer people,” it adds.

texan

Seniors decry ban on Christmas tree in their complex in Newhall

Residents in a Newhall senior apartment complex are protesting an order from management to remove
their beloved Christmas tree from the community room because, they were told, it's a religious symbol.

On Tuesday, Tarzana-based JB Partners Group Inc. sent a memo to staff at The Willows senior apartment
building demanding they take down Christmas trees and menorahs in communal areas.

I am glad this company does not monitor or run the Whitehouse. 54 trees would have to go.

Seniors decry ban on Christmas tree in their complex in Newhall - LA Daily News

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seniors decry ban on Christmas tree in their complex in Newhall

Residents in a Newhall senior apartment complex are protesting an order from management to remove
their beloved Christmas tree from the community room because, they were told, it's a religious symbol.

On Tuesday, Tarzana-based JB Partners Group Inc. sent a memo to staff at The Willows senior apartment
building demanding they take down Christmas trees and menorahs in communal areas.

I am glad this company does not monitor or run the Whitehouse. 54 trees would have to go.

Seniors decry ban on Christmas tree in their complex in Newhall - LA Daily News

Old people are funny! What about putting a TREE in their own APARTMENTS instead of a common area that belongs to the association?

There are RULES in an association, and old people dont have a right to break them. If they want a TREE, then get one, and decorate it and put it in their own home vs forcing the tree on everyone.

The Menorahs have to go as well.

You want religious symbolism, then do it in the privacy of your own home.

Peace

TOS

texan

The National Christmas Tree is illuminated during the 90th annual National Christmas Tree Lighting on the
Ellipse of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., Dec. 6, 2012.

U.S. President Barack Obama and others attended the event which included performances by Jason Mraz, Ledisi,
James Taylor, Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, Colbie Caillat and American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips.

President Calvin Coolidge lit the first National Christmas tree, a 48-foot Balsam fir, in 1923.
pb-121206-national-christmas-tree-kb-315p_photoblog900.jpg

wkmac

If the first National Tree didn't take place till 1923', does that make the previous Presidents anti-christmas? Since it was President Grant who signed into law making christmas a national holiday in 1870', does this mean the previous Presidents were anti-christmas? And what about the Presidents who never had a tree in the WH, even after Grant made it a national holiday, does this make them anti-christmas?

I always thought it interesting how we got this holiday in the first place and many, many, many people celebrate it in some form while obtaining great pleasure and wellbeing from it. Even people who hold little or no faith in the "reason for the season" love this time of year. That said, a very, very, very small minority is no threat to this holiday "AT ALL" nor do I see it going anywhere, anytime soon. But charlatans and scam artists for their own benefit will try to use meaningless events to make it appear that way. Same is true of the few atheist or skeptic folks who as well try and use this time of year to obtain their own 15 minutes of fame. This holiday season is all but an immovable object and it's even strongly built into the economic fabric of this country. Truth be told, it's that and not a 2k year old story that makes it the holiday of holidays in this country so sit back, relax and enjoy this most festive time of year and go ahead and plan on doing this the rest of your life because it's not going anywhere. As one who would have no problem if it did for a whole host of reasons, I'm content to accept that your annual flight into fantasy is here to stay!

Merry Christmas, Happy Saturnalia, Enjoy Sol Invictus and raise a toast to Bacchus/Dionysus in [-]t[/-]his holiday season.
:wink2:

texan

A man blows his trumpet from the Old Town Hall Tower as a Christmas tree is illuminated at the
Old Town Square in Prague December 5, 2012. REUTERS/David W Cerny
2012-12-05T180256Z_1235256179_GM1E8C605N301_RTRMADP_3_CZECH.jpg

texan

Fireworks explode from a Christmas tree during the lighting ceremony at Rodrigo de Freitas Lake
in Rio de Janeiro December 1, 2012. REUTERS/Pilar Olivares
2012-12-02T001041Z_196389878_GM1E8C20MOX01_RTRMADP_3_BRAZIL.jpg

texan

People enjoy the Christmas illuminations at the Royal Treaty street in Warsaw, Poland,
Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012. (AP Photo/Czarek Sokolowski)
AP494285914445-jpg_161221.jpg