Why is it called a "Pittsburg"?

PackageManager

Close - Lake Chaubunagungamaug, also known as Webster Lake, and is said to mean, "Fishing Place at the Boundaries -- Neutral Meeting Grounds". This is different from the humorous translation, "You fish on your side, I fish on my side, and nobody fish in the middle", thought to have been invented by the late Laurence J. Daly, editor of The Webster Times

Pacman

This was an explanation given to me 36 years ago:
There was a terrible labor climate in Pittsburg,PA. UPS sent a contingent of supervisory personnel in to squash the rebellion. The form was developed and used to record the talks and other actions taken with employees. UPS eventually pulled out of P-burg for awhile then went back in with new employees later. Not sure the time period but I think late 50's early 60's. The Pburg form became the employee record.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I was in management, everyone had a pittsburg file. I dont know why they called it that, Personal information, tardy, something, yes it kept all your stuff on record, yada yada. If we kept it up to date. Just another waste of paper.