Why is it such a secret

Oh Shoot

That management knows what we make an hour and are quick to point out that we make a lot of money but....wont disclose what they are making? It gets under my skin when a supervisor tells me well we are paying you such and such...wait a minute jack you dont pay me the company does and that same company is paying ur salary too! Just venting...does anyone other than their own know what they make so maybe i can turn the table on them next time they need to be called out on?

By The Book

That management knows what we make an hour and are quick to point out that we make a lot of money but....wont disclose what they are making? It gets under my skin when a supervisor tells me well we are paying you such and such...wait a minute jack you dont pay me the company does and that same company is paying ur salary too! Just venting...does anyone other than their own know what they make so maybe i can turn the table on them next time they need to be called out on?
Just say I didn't realize I made more than you, good too know.

km3

Anytime management feels compelled to remind you what you're making, you should feel compelled to remind them you're still underpaid.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why ya gotta be so nosy?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's like an unwritten rule about management that we don't discuss salary, even with each other. I have no idea what the other ORS make in my building and never knew what the other PT Sups made when I was one.

Salary will be different across the country though. I got a bump when I moved from the midwest to east coast because of the cost of living.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My OCS made the comment to me "you make more money than I do," and I responded, "It sounds like you make bad life choices then." He was shocked and turned around and walked away.

I made sure to note to him that he went to college as well to make less than me.

dudebro

My OCS made the comment to me "you make more money than I do," and I responded, "It sounds like you make bad life choices then." He was shocked and turned around and walked away.

I made sure to note to him that he went to college as well to make less than me.

Some do and some don't. The really old guys that have been around, especially if they've gone to manager and back down, are out earning drivers by quite a bit. The brand new ones are not, but then, they are out-earning brand new drivers for the first 4 years...