Why is it.................

Overpaid Union Thug

....that Avon ladies think that their packages have priority delivery over all the other packages in the truck?

....that people want to completely fill out the receipt attached to the left of their checks first then fill out the check even though there is an invoice that I've taken out of the pouch specifically so that that the customer can fill out the check first and send me on my way and then can fill out the receipt using the invoice after I'm gone?

....that when us unassigned drivers have chosen our routes there is that one driver that shows up to work at exactly 8:29 (actually less than one minute before start time) and picks a route that causes the rest of us to have to be shuffled around based on his pick?

....that those long driveways out in the country go to a house with absolutely no room to turn around?

....that certain businesses in the 1000 section of a route don't open until 10am or 11am?

....that those "Urban Clothing" stores, primarily run by Arabs, always have to pay with money orders and they NEVER have them?

Man, I can go on all day with this one.

browniehound

Now this is one that really ticks me off. Like I want fill out the del notice haul the pkg back to the truck and walk over it all day just to come back tomorrow. Ours oms clerks are good about defending the drivers when someone makes this stupid claim.

I had one of these the other day. Residence that was a no DR. I had to park across the street about 30 yards away. To me, it looked like the person was home (garage open and car in it). So I decided to haul the 65 lb wicker piece of funriture acroos the street. She has a manual doorbell that you turn and it makes a ringing bell-like noise. Well the bell doesn't turn anymore(rust maybe?), so I knocked. Then I knocked louder. I knew she was home, so I knocked as loud as I could. I did not want to carry this thing back to the truck, so went to the back door and knocked 3 times. After being there at least 5 minutes I left an info notice.

Of course 2 hours later I get an ODS "customer at 44 maple is asking why you didn't ring her bell, she was home". For the love of Mary, somebody help me:not_fair:,

Brownie

I had one of these the other day. Residence that was a no DR. I had to park across the street about 30 yards away. To me, it looked like the person was home (garage open and car in it). So I decided to haul the 65 lb wicker piece of funriture acroos the street. She has a manual doorbell that you turn and it makes a ringing bell-like noise. Well the bell doesn't turn anymore(rust maybe?), so I knocked. Then I knocked louder. I knew she was home, so I knocked as loud as I could. I did not want to carry this thing back to the truck, so went to the back door and knocked 3 times. After being there at least 5 minutes I left an info notice.

Of course 2 hours later I get an ODS "customer at 44 maple is asking why you didn't ring her bell, she was home". For the love of Mary, somebody help me:not_fair:,

Brownie
Just two words...justifiable ballistics.

barnyard

KTM rider
Yesterday, I had 2 of them....

Call tag that has "do not attempt P/U till after 16:30. What?!?!?! I leave town at 1600 and am delivering my way towards my last break (town is 40 miles from the center.)

Regular resi delivery, usually leave stuff next to the pedestrian garage door, except yesterday. 6 3x3x5 Pottery Barn boxes. The house is 2 blocks away from a neighborhood with claims on every other house. Left a delivery notice, I get a diad message at 17:10 asking if I can reattempt and what time I will be there. I reply, "Monday." Get a reply, "cust would like reattempt this evening." Me, "I am 40 miles from cust, would they like to meet me when I go on break."

and don't say, "thank you" when I do make a 2nd attempt on a summer Friday. Because I absolutely love working till 8pm on a nice summer night.

TB

browniehound

Quick opinion of re-attempts in the same day. I don't think we should do it. UPS has the 3-attempt rule for a reason. We lose money after the first attempt. Unless its a preffered customer, I can't think of 1 reason why we should go back to a residential address in the same day.

Once we do that, the profit from the package goes up in smoke. Since we are giving away money by re-attempting res. deliveries in the same day, what good does PAS do us in its goal to reduce miles and fuel costs?

barnyard

KTM rider
Quick opinion of re-attempts in the same day. I don't think we should do it.

If I am asked to reattempt, I reply that they can meet me at my drop box. I know what time I will be there and most people in town know where it is. If it is too big to get in their car, I will go back (unless the csee has a history of not being around for 2nd attempts.) Most everyone gets 1 chance.

At my center, 2nd attempts are always at the driver's discretion. It might not seem fair, but most of time, I base my decision on how well my day has been going. Good day, yes; bad day, no.

TB

DS

Fenderbender
Why is it that some people in apartments think it will be faster for them to come down instead of buzzing me up...I always tell them that if they had let me in I'd be at my next delivery by now.

over9five

Staff member
..... any driver would complain about being asked to make a same day second attempt??? You get PAID for it, don't you? Stop whining and do your job!!!

(yes, I am trolling.... hahahahaha)

barnyard

KTM rider
..... any driver would complain about being asked to make a same day second attempt??? You get PAID for it, don't you? Stop whining and do your job!!!

Some days, I really just want to go home. I know it may mean more work for tomorrow, but I just want to go home. Other days, I'll do it with a smile and a spring in my step....

TB

browniehound

Over, you aren't serious, are you????
If you are, Ok.

Its Friday in the middle of the summer and you're headed north for the weekend. Are you going to have this same attitude when you are told to go back for a 4TH delivery attempt because this woman wants her bra from Victoria's Secret for Saturday?

OOps, my bad. I forgot you're in feeders now and these issues are just a memory to you now.:angry:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I dont think anyone caught your trolling joke. You P'od them so fast they didnt scroll:no_flames:

Jim Kemp

Why is it after you knock on the door and wait (because you know they are home) ring the bell, knock again, fill out a del notice put it on the door haul the pkg back to the car, get ready to pull away from the curb THEN they open the door and yell "i'am home".
I have pretended not to hear them and drive off.:angry:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
Why is it when I leave a notice and I check, circle, and underline the "Must sign in person" area, I go back the next day and the darn thing is signed, with another note that it's "OK to leave package"?

Why do people think I'm the radio traffic reporter and the local weather guy? The weather around here was garbage on Friday (7-14 inches of snow forecast) and after about thirty seven "How are the roads?" I was just about ready to kill. As a matter of fact I told one guy in reply to his request for a road report, " I told myself that I was going to KILL the next person who asked me that!?"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL I had a note a couple of days ago to leave a sig req. On the info notice I take 2 extra seconds to cross out the bottom line so they can't sign it.