Why is it.................

ol'browneye

...you are normally very polite and keep your cool with idiot drivers but the one day you give someone an aggravated (dirty) look you follow them or they follow you right to your next stop...which is their house?!

...you rip a big one as you pull up to a house only to have the lady come out to the truck to get her pkg?!

...I have to use the new politically correct spanish speaking infonotices when I don't have any spanish speaking customers. Those things just have way too much writing on them crammed into a little space. I don't see how customers can decipher what I meant to say!

...the boss never asks if I want the day off on a Friday?

...every time I do take a day off, the next week is union dues week?!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You get the gold star award for best post on a thread
I think that one should be against the law.
Call center, is very scary, thinking the worst always. A simple "call center, so I can buddyh at you about something, coz I didnt have time this morning, and I wont be here tonight" would be the correct message!!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!

...you rip a big one as you pull up to a house only to have the lady come out to the truck to get her pkg?!

Thats too funny..... don't care who you are!

Along the same line we have a driver that is really low key. He embarrasses easily and is really a great guy. Anyway one day he was in the back of his truck sorting and poked his head around the bulkhead to spit out the door.
Seems a guy had walked up to ask him a question and wound up with a hocker on his chest for a bonus!

Jim Kemp

your whole day flashes before you whenever you get the message: "Call the Center ASAP"
What do you do at the end of the day after you have made your last stop and you see the "Green Light " on? Do you stop and read it? I will go all the way back to the center before I read it, if it is a call the center message I call them from the yard, "Hey what do you need" , "can you bring in so and so's air"" can you go help mr. slow poke", "sorry I'am in the bldg, should have sent message before 7pm":happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What do you do at the end of the day after you have made your last stop and you see the "Green Light " on? Do you stop and read it? I will go all the way back to the center before I read it, if it is a call the center message I call them from the yard, "Hey what do you need" , "can you bring in so and so's air"" can you go help mr. slow poke", "sorry I'am in the bldg, should have sent message before 7pm":happy2:
If I am driving I wait til I can stop, usually back at the center LOL

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
That "Call the center ASAP" is usually not a good message to get. Too many things run thru your mind till you get to a phone. We finally convinced the OMS's not to use that one except for family emergencies.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
call center asap !!

only to be placed on hold
do my usual one minute wait then hang up and send message and go on about my bidness. then get yelled at for not calling in... ya just cant win baby!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
..................that the retired UPS driver is the one that wants to yak your ear off and you are 5 miles away from your 1st P/U and you were supposed to be there 5 minutes ago.

wrenny

Why is it that when people are on the phone and have been put on hold - they can find time to talk to you while on hold- but have the inability to sign their name and listen to silence at the same time?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That UPS can afford to pay your "safety committee" to grill you on the 10 point commentary but they cant afford to put a 3 point seat belt in a package car?

Hubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkgrunner
your whole day flashes before you whenever you get the message: "Call the Center ASAP

Wow, that is so true! I mean it it really does flash before you eyes doesn't it! LOL

The thing is some of these pkgs may have high value on them it could be diamond rings! and these ppl are so stupid to use UPS too!

Hubber

.................. some people thinks that standard is Express Am and lie about the type of service when they get the parcel? then beatch about it when they sign for it?

browniehound

8 piece Bowflex. one of them is bigger than I've ever seen from Bowflex-134#. First stop of the day, sig req because of a bs claim 2 years ago. nobody home. I went back at 7:45 because I don't want to work around that big s.o.b. 2 days in a row. barely caught him, he was just leaving again!!:disgusted:

I would go back also in that case, browneye. It benefits all parties. You won't be walking around it all day (which slows you down) and the customer is happy. Eight packages is certainly better on the bottom line to go back for than one package, so it doesn't hurt UPS as much either.

browniehound

why is it when the truck "looks" empty, its the worst day ever?

Because there is no sense of urgency and you're totally relaxed is my guess. Besides that Tooner, something always comes up out there to screw up our day. Traffic, an accident, an unexpected large pick-up, out of the way OCA's all contribute to a "light" day turning sour.