Why is management posting on here

oldngray

nowhere special
jack_sparrow_wut.jpg

hegel

I started working at UPS as a part-time package handler on August 19. Today I received a phone call from my full time supervisor saying they have to let me go. However, during the four months working at UPS, I was also attending college full time. This qualifies tuition reimbursement that links to UPS as a benefit to attract more college workers. In fact, I have been approved for the payment by EDCOR. The problem is it takes some time for the electronic wiring feed to arrive at UPS before they can deposit it to me. According to the EDCOR policy, the part time worker has to be in an active status at UPS from the beginning, to the end of the school term, and by the time the payment is made. I am wondering if it is legal for the UPS to lay me off right before I can receive my paycheck. thank you. Hegel

By The Book

I started working at UPS as a part-time package handler on August 19. Today I received a phone call from my full time supervisor saying they have to let me go. However, during the four months working at UPS, I was also attending college full time. This qualifies tuition reimbursement that links to UPS as a benefit to attract more college workers. In fact, I have been approved for the payment by EDCOR. The problem is it takes some time for the electronic wiring feed to arrive at UPS before they can deposit it to me. According to the EDCOR policy, the part time worker has to be in an active status at UPS from the beginning, to the end of the school term, and by the time the payment is made. I am wondering if it is legal for the UPS to lay me off right before I can receive my paycheck. thank you. Hegel
My first question is why do they have to let you go and my second question is( you guessed it) going to come after you answer my first question.

hegel

My first question is why do they have to let you go and my second question is( you guessed it) going to come after you answer my first question.
thanks for the replay.
the reason has been changing from early this morning to later this afternoon. early this morning my supervisor called me and said he's not sure if i have made seniority (which I'm sure i have), and he says the load after peak is very light and he does not need me to come in tomorrow. then later I went to HR they said EDCOR has to send in the check before they turn my status to inactive. So i called EDCOR and they said everythings approved but they can't send anything before the 6th. then i called my supervisor asking if theres any chance i can stay till the 6th. he turned his tone and said he's letting me go for good.