Why is management posting on here

chris9834

thanks for the replay.
the reason has been changing from early this morning to later this afternoon. early this morning my supervisor called me and said he's not sure if i have made seniority (which I'm sure i have), and he says the load after peak is very light and he does not need me to come in tomorrow. then later I went to HR they said EDCOR has to send in the check before they turn my status to inactive. So i called EDCOR and they said everythings approved but they can't send anything before the 6th. then i called my supervisor asking if theres any chance i can stay till the 6th. he turned his tone and said he's letting me go for good.

Before you proceed on Browncafe I would highly recommend you talk to your Steward if you dont know who your Steward is then call your local and talk with them about your situation. They cant just fire you without reasoning unless your leaving something out.. Good luck

hegel

Before you proceed on Browncafe I would highly recommend you talk to your Steward if you dont know who your Steward is then call your local and talk with them about your situation. They cant just fire you without reasoning unless your leaving something out.. Good luck

thank you, i don't know who my steward is. they are not firing just me. they are cutting cost after peak or at least thats how i see it. they can say you were late for how many ever times even if it were 2 mins late its still a late blah blah blah

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
thank you, i don't know who my steward is. they are not firing just me. they are cutting cost after peak or at least thats how i see it. they can say you were late for how many ever times even if it were 2 mins late its still a late blah blah blah
Not blah blah blah blah. You were late. They have to use progressive discipline for issues such as attendance though.

Brownslave688

They can lay you off but they can't just fire you and layoffs have to go by seniority.

You need to find out who your steward is or what local you are in and contact someone.

PT Car Washer

thanks for the replay.
the reason has been changing from early this morning to later this afternoon. early this morning my supervisor called me and said he's not sure if i have made seniority (which I'm sure i have), and he says the load after peak is very light and he does not need me to come in tomorrow. then later I went to HR they said EDCOR has to send in the check before they turn my status to inactive. So i called EDCOR and they said everythings approved but they can't send anything before the 6th. then i called my supervisor asking if theres any chance i can stay till the 6th. he turned his tone and said he's letting me go for good.
If you started Aug 19 you should have your 30 days in for a permanent PT position. Yes you can be laid off and then you can bump the lowest PT person in your building until your job becomes available again. If you want this job you may have to fight for it but it shouldn't be that hard. Call your Union Hall and talk to one of the Business Agents. I have been jerked around before also and just a phone call straightens everything out.

By The Book

thanks for the replay.
Like Chris 9834 said you need to call your local ASAP. They can look into your seniority for you. Tell them the whole story in order so they understand it. I do know if you've attained seniority it should be on your buildings seniority list. I also know on the start schedule your name should be on it with a code for the week, such as layoff, or a posted report to work time. Something's not right here so make some inquiries and get those answers your looking for.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's kneading...for I've
tumblr_mdfx4aOXzm1rgs4eko1_500.gif

hegel

Like Chris 9834 said you need to call your local ASAP. They can look into your seniority for you. Tell them the whole story in order so they understand it. I do know if you've attained seniority it should be on your buildings seniority list. I also know on the start schedule your name should be on it with a code for the week, such as layoff, or a posted report to work time. Something's not right here so make some inquiries and get those answers your looking for.

what do you mean by local?

Brownslave688

call me stupid or whatever, i tried to search "local union edison nj" but i don't know which one it is. I have never been in an union this is my first job
Try teamsters.org
Or call some co workers.

If not someone on here will know what local you're in.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Why not post here? I'm management. I was an hourly for a while and moved to management. I have a good understand of how it is as an hourly. But posts on here help me get an idea what people are finding difficulty with. It also helps me understand how employees are feeling so I can adjust my leadership style to keep everyone happy. There are also people on here who have questions about management practices that I can help answer.

Management doesn't make us the enemy. There are bad supervisors for sure. But some of us actually do care about our employees. Plus there aren't a whole lot of people who know what it's like on the inside. It's nice to be able to shoot the smile* with people who know what's it's like.

OPTION3

Thanks for clarifying. I guess it will never end with people not knowing how to contact anyone from the union.
I find it funny.....you know how....and do so whenever you have a problem.....but you never let them know they promote mediocrity.....hmmmm

T

Turdferguson

Why not post here? I'm management. I was an hourly for a while and moved to management. I have a good understand of how it is as an hourly. But posts on here help me get an idea what people are finding difficulty with. It also helps me understand how employees are feeling so I can adjust my leadership style to keep everyone happy. There are also people on here who have questions about management practices that I can help answer.

Management doesn't make us the enemy. There are bad supervisors for sure. But some of us actually do care about our employees. Plus there aren't a whole lot of people who know what it's like on the inside. It's nice to be able to shoot the smile* with people who know what's it's like.
Reasoning? Understanding? That's just crazy talk right there pal. We will have none of that foolishness on here, this is an the internet after all. Only hyperbole and accusation on here please.