Why is management posting on here

OPTION3

Never said I didn't have any problems. No matter where you work you will face problems. I don't know this "corporate playbook" you're going on about. But there are an infinite amount of situations that can happen that a playbook wouldn't cover.

I don't tow the company line or want everyone to agree with me. It's a free country. You are free to do as you wish. But you tagged me as an evil bastard before I even knew you existed, so perhaps you are jumping to conclusions a little fast. I seem to have fine conversations with union and non unions on here regularly. The only person that has accused me of being "typical management" is you.
Melodramatic much? I never "tagged" you as anything...I asked a simple question....if your bosses boss walked up to you and said "fire that guy for production...or I'll fire you". I bet you sense of "not focusing solely on production" would disappear quickly....if that's tagging you as an "evil bastard" you are mistaken, unless your answer leaves you with a guilty conscience. And for those who say that don't happen at ups...I've seen at least 3 instances of it

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Management? This is our site to vent and manage the truths about our job. They need to get their own site and call it Big Brown Bistro or just nothingness fluff.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Melodramatic much? I never "tagged" you as anything...I asked a simple question....if your bosses boss walked up to you and said "fire that guy for production...or I'll fire you". I bet you sense of "not focusing solely on production" would disappear quickly....if that's tagging you as an "evil bastard" you are mistaken, unless your answer leaves you with a guilty conscience. And for those who say that don't happen at ups...I've seen at least 3 instances of it
Your first response to me was "Until production suffers....." Little passive aggressive wouldn't you say? I never said it doesn't happen at UPS, I'm saying it doesn't happen at my center. My boss wouldn't come to me and say fire someone for production. You truly have to be garbage for us to fire you. I'm talking like lacking the ability to load 100 packages in an hour, never mind 400. If you can't do that, you should be in another line of work anyways. If you show the desire to work and want to improve, I'll work with you to get better or find something you can do instead, like bag smalls.

You on the other hand. I would just say to my boss "Okay, be right back."

OPTION3

Your first response to me was "Until production suffers....." Little passive aggressive wouldn't you say? I never said it doesn't happen at UPS, I'm saying it doesn't happen at my center. My boss wouldn't come to me and say fire someone for production. You truly have to be garbage for us to fire you. I'm talking like lacking the ability to load 100 packages in an hour, never mind 400. If you can't do that, you should be in another line of work anyways. If you show the desire to work and want to improve, I'll work with you to get better or find something you can do instead, like bag smalls.

In my 28+ years with this company, I've lost count of the managers like you who have said that same thing....one thing they all have in common is that funny look on their face when they get their xxxxx Have a great new year!

Vulgar sexual reference edited out by Cheryl

Last edited by a moderator:

upschuck

You have said that production numbers don't matter to you, but then also that as long as everything gets done on time, do you staff more people than you are told too? If not, then production numbers do matter, you just call it something else.

blkmamba

And if YOUR Boss says fire someone for production....or else I will fire YOU.....You would fall on that sword?...Chyeah right...good one
This happened to me once and my boss and I had a forty five minute discussion why he shouldn't be fired. Mostly on my behalf it was for selfish reasons because i knew he would get his job back (it was a scare tactic) and I knew he would come back slower than he currently was to prove a point. My boss finally agreed but wanted me to look for ways to fire that would likely stick-consistently being late, constant misloads, stealing, etc. I did as my manager asked because yes, I have to cover myself as well but I also told my employee he needed to do everything by the book as he was being watched.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

In my 28+ years with this company, I've lost count of the managers like you who have said that same thing....one thing they all have in common is that funny look on their face when they get their XXXXX Have a great new year!
I have no desire to fire anybody. Nor do I think I will start going fire crazy if it ever does come to firing someone.
You have said that production numbers don't matter to you, but then also that as long as everything gets done on time, do you staff more people than you are told too? If not, then production numbers do matter, you just call it something else.
Fair enough. But wouldn't you agree there are certain benchmarks that we have to hit? I mean we can't just be walking around twiddling our fingers.

upschuck

I have no desire to fire anybody. Nor do I think I will start going fire crazy if it ever does come to firing someone.
I have more respect for managers who discern the contract fairly, and treat the hourlies fairly, but harsh when needed. Most people know someone that they would not be surprised if the hammer came down.

OPTION3

Packages over people philosophy....The soft sell of "I care about my people" is a Joke at UPS....Its what managers say to justify(in their own warped minds) their crappy tactics....I pity them really.