Why is there such hatred between Ground and Express drivers here?

Marne Vet

You're nuts. Comparing DUI to driving around with open bulkhead doors?! Where's there even a comparison? Both companies don't tolerate driving under the influence, and if you do it on the job you'll be fired. How many UPS drivers are DUI on the job? You can't answer that because you don't have a number. The same can be said if I asked you how many FedEx drivers were DUI on any specific day. You keep those 50 morons with their bulkhead doors open, their half-assed uniforms, leaving their trucks running while they're away from them, and all the other stupid and unsafe behavior Ground drivers are notorious for, and I'll take any UPS driver on his worst day. Comparing DUI to open bulkhead doors! Haha are you even sober right now?

STFXG

You're nuts. Comparing DUI to driving around with open bulkhead doors?! Where's there even a comparison? Both companies don't tolerate driving under the influence, and if you do it on the job you'll be fired. How many UPS drivers are DUI on the job? You can't answer that because you don't have a number. The same can be said if I asked you how many FedEx drivers were DUI on any specific day. You keep those 50 morons with their bulkhead doors open, their half-assed uniforms, leaving their trucks running while they're away from them, and all the other stupid and unsafe behavior Ground drivers are notorious for, and I'll take any UPS driver on his worst day. Comparing DUI to open bulkhead doors! Haha are you even sober right now?

A DUI while OFF THE CLOCK gets you disqualified from driving for FedEx Ground, not at UPS. Drunks are allowed to work at UPS. True or false?

Marne Vet

False. You can't be drunk on the job. What happens off the clock, like a moving violation, isn't grounds for firing. You're really grasping for straws guy. A DUI at UPS takes you off the package car. You guys get disqualified. No one is driving while drunk at either company and getting away with it. Now try to compare that to Grounds terrible safety practices if you can. Your argument has been crushed. Next.

Marne Vet

I'll take a guy that gets drunk off the clock any day of the week over a tool that disregards safety all day long by leaving his vehicle running, doesn't use his seat belt, keeps his bulkhead door open, and looks like he just threw on whatever clothes were in the trunk of his car that day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx Ground has zero tolerance for DUI. What's the policy at UPS? What's more dangerous... Driving with your bulkhead open and looking dirty or driving drunk? I'll take 50 dummies with bulkheads open over a single drunken maroon.

DUI=gone. Any carrier.

STFXG

I'll take a guy that gets drunk off the clock any day of the week over a tool that disregards safety all day long by leaving his vehicle running, doesn't use his seat belt, keeps his bulkhead door open, and looks like he just threw on whatever clothes were in the trunk of his car that day.

So you would prefer a guy drive around your neighborhood drunk at night than have a driver drive around with his bulkhead door open? That's smart.

DUI off the clock shows a serious character flaw. You can still drive for UPS if you have a DUI off the clock. You cannot drive for Ground if you have a DUI off the clock. Moving violations also count against Ground drivers whether they are on the clock or not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So you would prefer a guy drive around your neighborhood drunk at night than have a driver drive around with his bulkhead door open? That's smart.

DUI off the clock shows a serious character flaw. You can still drive for UPS if you have a DUI off the clock. You cannot drive for Ground if you have a DUI off the clock. Moving violations also count against Ground drivers whether they are on the clock or not.

No. Someone from UPS will need to confirm it for Brown, but it is a DOT disqualification for at least a year at any company per FMCSA. At Express, you can be in a non-driving position for a year and then potentially get your position back....potentially. Usually, they just fire you.

STFXG

DQd for life at Ground is what I'm saying. Whether it's in a personal vehicle or while operating. We take it seriously.

Marne Vet

I never said I would prefer someone that drives around drunk you d-bag. Don't add words that aren't there. I said "I'll take a guy that gets drunk off the clock..." No where does it say "driving" or did it imply DUI. You're just mad that someone pointed out how :censored2:ty Ground drivers are and now you're groping at straws to make some asinine analogy between disqualifying someone over a DUI versus removing them from driving but allowing them to keep their job.

We're discussing what goes on at work, and you've got nothing to compare here. That's the sad reality. Ground drivers look, and act like crap while on the clock. They're the most unsafe drivers we've ever seen, and you can't even argue it without taking a shot at the difference between how DUI's off the clock are handled. You're a joke.

Marne Vet

DQd for life at Ground is what I'm saying. Whether it's in a personal vehicle or while operating. We take it seriously.

"We take what you do off the clock VERY seriously! On the clock you can be a total jerk-off and be as unsafe as possible, but don't you dare do something off the clock! We take that seriously!"

lol joke.

STFXG

You are comparing the people at work. So am I. And you said you'd prefer drunks over ground drivers. Good for you. You probably shouldn't be so judgmental since ground has a stricter policy towards criminal activities than UPS. The uniforms here might be a bit tattered, but the union won't protect the drivers here when they deserve to be fired.

Marne Vet

Too bad they don't have a strict policy for on the clock operations, since that's what actually matters here. You keep clinging to the differences in policy for a DUI off the clock as your argument though. If it helps you ignore how the rest of the driving community views the poor work ethic at Ground, and the constant unsafe acts witnessed daily, then by all means, grip that little ideal tight. Ground is a joke when it comes to safety, or professionalism.

STFXG

A joke that continues to steal market share from the "professionals". Seems to be the acceptable standard to the public.

Marne Vet

Oh yeah, I'm very worried I'll lose my job because of "Ground" haha

You should be a comedian. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Now here is a couple of Ground's finest.

Wow, just, wow! Geniuses at work. Not only are they in their uniform, in their FedEx truck getting high, but they post it on the Internet!! I wonder if they know any words that don't start with friend, mf, or n? Their parents must be so proud. Our future. Sighhhhh.....

Rainman

Its all good.
Fox News teaches us to build underground bunkers, castles and buy apocalypse survival kits being hawked by Glen Beck. Being scared is American. If you're not scared and or angry all the time then you're not a real American. Fox News make Billions off fear and hate. Good for them.
The government tells is everything is fine and that we are better off to let them run our lives because we aren't smart enough to make our own decisions. That bunker may come in handy one day when everything hits the fan.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow, just, wow! Geniuses at work. Not only are they in their uniform, in their FedEx truck getting high, but they post it on the Internet!! I wonder if they know any words that don't start with friend, mf, or n? Their parents must be so proud. Our future. Sighhhhh.....
That guy didn't even look like he knew how to inhale right! Damn amateurs!