Why is UPS charging me so much?

theibros

I have an eBay store and ship quite a lot of products via FedEx. I want to switch over to UPS for many reasons. I heard that they were roughly the same price, so I tried to ship a $15 toaster with UPS and they were charging me $28!! (Box 8x8x12 2lb 8oz) FedEx only charged me $8. I know that theres discounts available, but i dont think it would be enough to beat $8. Is there a reason the charge is so high? I really want to switch over to UPS, I'm fed up with using FedEx.
Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have an eBay store and ship quite a lot of products via FedEx. I want to switch over to UPS for many reasons. I heard that they were roughly the same price, so I tried to ship a $15 toaster with UPS and they were charging me $28!! (Box 8x8x12 2lb 8oz) FedEx only charged me $8. I know that theres discounts available, but i dont think it would be enough to beat $8. Is there a reason the charge is so high? I really want to switch over to UPS, I'm fed up with using FedEx.
Thanks
UPS wants your money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We make a decent wage. Fedex makes minimum wage basically.

It's costs a lot of money to move an individual package.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I had something ship out to me this week that weighs less than a pound. UPS ground would have cost $36 (tell me the store wasn't making a profit on that shipping). Standard $6 shipping went out DHL Smart Mail. Go figure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431040008.646689.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Thanks
I knew they were undercutting us but damn!

upschuck

I had something ship out to me this week that weighs less than a pound. UPS ground would have cost $36 (tell me the store wasn't making a profit on that shipping). Standard $6 shipping went out DHL Smart Mail. Go figure.
UPS Stores charges arehigher the farther you get from the CC.