Why No Climate Control?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
14 States were COLDER than Mars last week. 14 !!!!!!
No package company can predict that or has the ability to keep packages warm once their on the truck.

The OP should get her refund and move on.

14 States were COLDER than Mars last week. 14 !!!!!!
No package company can predict that or has the ability to keep packages warm once their on the truck.

The OP should get her refund and move on.
Oh sure! I ruin one case of diaper wipes,now Its a whole thread. I will take better care of them next time.

Sorry.

Packmule

No doubt. I have heard bad things about FedEx. Like 100% of the employees are contractors, etc.

This is just the first time this has ever happened. I never knew there was no climate control. Say, for example, when you buy stuff online, it should say "Danger, having items mailed to your house may cause damage due to heat or cold."

It was just wipes. But the point is, thank God I didn't order a $2,500 laptop that would likely be destroyed now...
UPS does make sure our shippers know we do not have climate control and warn them that we will pay no claim due to damage from temperature extremes. You are right that online shippers should make it clear to their shoppers that there is a risk. Fresh fruit shippers are always replacing orders due to freezing temps.
But think about how expensive it would be to put heaters and coolers in every truck, trailer and plane just to handle a few items. And what happens when you have one item that needs to be kept frozen and something else that absolutely will be ruined if it freezes? And they both need to be loaded in the same trailer?
The logistics are more than even UPS wants to love!

UPSGUY72

No. But I did not realize that packages had no sort of protection from the elements. Just seems to make UPS worthless as a parcel delivery vendor....

Non of the delivery companies vehicles cargo area area climate controlled be it Fed Ex or UPS. Also unless it is perishable food any that gets shipped to a Walmart store or warehouse isn't done in a climate controlled trailer.

If every trailer and truck that delivered packages where climate controlled your would be paying a lot more for the products that you buy now.

UPSGUY72

No. I do not live near anything . :( That is why my rent is cheap.

I guess I am just ignorant. I have had things shipped for years, and never had any climate-related issues. Just surprised. I had no idea shipping parcels was this dangerous.

Like...has it always been this way? Or is it new? Like the whole thing where UPS doesn't hand-deliver items and require a signature like they used to? Now they just throw it on your steps and run away as fast as they can. When did that change, BTW?

Is the no heating or AC a new thing? Or has it always been that way and I got lucky all these years?

Winner

SIEGFRIED

That also sounds like something you should be taking up with Walmart as well...
Yes indeed. Of course, I suppose you cannot complain too much with free shipping.

It seems like the standards for everything are going further down. Maybe I should take it up with Obama..

SIEGFRIED

You must be new to the planet, welcome! Tell me your car trunk keep things warm or cold when they are needed? This ain't Dominos, we don't carry around thermal bags just to make sure your kids wipey wipes are warm.
Are car trunks not heated/cooled? I would not know. I am not rich enough to afford one. That is why I order home deliver from Wal*Mart ;)

SIEGFRIED

Perhaps you might reconsider where you live with an infant and nobody else to help you, like family and friends, or transportation even.
Not with the crazy cost of housing in America these days. Can't live in towns where you have like, average wage-$500 a month with, average rent-$1500 a month. Just insanity. So here we are, where we do not even have the luxury of a Wal*Mart. But we have a roof over our heads.

Honestly, I can just pay the extra 20 cents per pack or whatever at the local food mart, or just use wet toilet paper. I am just in awe and shock at the whole giant ice block delivered to my house today. I googled it and found no other such stories...

SIEGFRIED

A. the laptop was way overpriced anyways
B. It would not have been destroyed but we would probably have stolen it, misdelivered it, failed to deliver it on time but it would NOT have been destroyed!
C. You really need to venture out in the real world more often if you think you are the only with problems
I LOLed at the first two. The last one just doesn't make sense. I do not recall stating this. Perhaps you are mixing up threads?

Not with the crazy cost of housing in America these days. Can't live in towns where you have like, average wage-$500 a month with, average rent-$1500 a month. Just insanity. So here we are, where we do not even have the luxury of a Wal*Mart. But we have a roof over our heads.

Honestly, I can just pay the extra 20 cents per pack or whatever at the local food mart, or just use wet toilet paper. I am just in awe and shock at the whole giant ice block delivered to my house today. I googled it and found no other such stories...
Consider yourself lucky for all the years you did not have a complaint about UPS delivery service. You are way ahead. Some customers complain daily about the service.