Why No Climate Control?

d-rek357

I just got a crate of Baby Wipes from Wal*Mart dot com and it arrived with the box wet and destroyed, and the wipes all frozen solid! After a day of thawing and moping up water, I tried to use the wipes on my baby, and they came out of the pack all in shreds. Likely from formerly being blocks of ice.

Doesn't UPS have climate control? Seems a lot of items will be ruined like this. Electronics and what not...

Now I have to repack them, mail them back, and wait a month for a new order. I live in the high desert. 0 degree winters. 100 degree summers. Are there only a few select locations that have reasonable UPS delivery? Or do you have to make sure you only order like...paper or clothes?

Seems like it would be easier to just use heating and AC...

Your profile says your female, probably why someone asked if you were hot.
If Ups had climate controlled vehicles what would keep things hot or cold on you or your neighbors porch at 0 degrees or 100 degrees. Unless you requested signature required, which wouldn't make much sense for a box of baby wipes, that's where it would sit unprotected from the temperature.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your profile says your female, probably why someone asked if you were hot.
If Ups had climate controlled vehicles what would keep thing hot or cold on you or your neighbors porch at 0 degrees or 100 degrees. Unless you requested signature required, which wouldn't make much sense for a box of baby wipes, that's where it would sit unprotected from the temperature.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Those baby wipes would cost $75 or more to ship if every ups truck had climate control in the package areas.

d-rek357

No doubt. I have heard bad things about FedEx. Like 100% of the employees are contractors, etc.

This is just the first time this has ever happened. I never knew there was no climate control. Say, for example, when you buy stuff online, it should say "Danger, having items mailed to your house may cause damage due to heat or cold."

It was just wipes. But the point is, thank God I didn't order a $2,500 laptop that would likely be destroyed now...

When ordering a $2500 laptop I suggest requesting a signature so it doesn't sit on the porch and you can meet that bloke that runs from your house. But sense you said your very poor you probably will not be spending that much on a laptop or be meeting your driver.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When ordering a $2500 laptop I suggest requesting a signature so it doesn't sit on the porch and you can meet that bloat that runs from your house. But sense you said your very poor you probably will not be spending that much on a laptop or be meeting your driver. Sent using BrownCafe App
He called him a bloke, but I suppose the driver could also be called bloated bloke.

clean hairy

Has anyone ever seen a USPS person driving a rust bucket cat AND have grease on their clothes? Not me!
I wonder if some of these posts are scool kids doing creative writing projects to see what folks will respond with?

scooby0048

Has anyone ever seen a USPS person driving a rust bucket cat AND have grease on their clothes? Not me!
I wonder if some of these posts are scool kids doing creative writing projects to see what folks will respond with?
Who cares this is great stuff. You can't make this up!

jaker

trolling
OK. I google mapped it for you. 127.5 miles. So maybe I misjudged a bit. Still not walkable.

EDIT-Besides that, I order items from all over the USA. And from many vendors. That's not the point. I mean seriously, has it always been this way? Or is this a new thing? Like replacing the signature with the quick sprint?
I am going to call bull on this , I know the HD and you can't be 127 miles from a Wal-Mart

Where do you live that you are 127 miles from a Wal-Mart but you are not that far for delivery drivers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 239

scooby0048

I am going to call bull on this , I know the HD and you can't be 127 miles from a Wal-Mart. Where do you live that you are 127 miles from a Wal-Mart but you are not that far for delivery drivers
Jaker, the general consensus is he is either in Canada or Australia or quite possibly Fargo.

yone ever seen a USPS person driving a rust bucket cat AND have grease on their clothes? Not me!
I wonder if some of these posts are scool kids doing creative writing projects to see what folks will respond with?[/QUOTE]
Im guessing it was a rural usps driver. Fits the description of my rural usps dude