Why No Climate Control?

YellowSox

I always answer the door, if they knock, and I see some bloke in funny brown shorts running as fast as he can to the truck and peeling out. I am assuming so I can't ask him why the package is half destroyed and send it back....
That is because the drivers all have 10+ hour planned work days and don't have time to stand at the door unless it's for a package that REQUIRES a signature. Nothing against you; we also don't know what's in the packages either. We are trained to deliver and keep going, we can't afford to stay at one stop for very long. one stop going wrong can mess up the entire work day.

worldwide

I just got a crate of Baby Wipes from Wal*Mart dot com and it arrived with the box wet and destroyed, and the wipes all frozen solid! After a day of thawing and moping up water, I tried to use the wipes on my baby, and they came out of the pack all in shreds. Likely from formerly being blocks of ice.

Doesn't UPS have climate control? Seems a lot of items will be ruined like this. Electronics and what not...

Now I have to repack them, mail them back, and wait a month for a new order. I live in the high desert. 0 degree winters. 100 degree summers. Are there only a few select locations that have reasonable UPS delivery? Or do you have to make sure you only order like...paper or clothes?

Seems like it would be easier to just use heating and AC...

Re-Raise

I sure hope this is someone's idea of a joke... albeit a very cruel one.

I couldn't sleep at all last night worrying about those poor little baby wipes out there alone in the cold.

8" chub

To the op- maybe if you spent the amount of time you waste bitching on the internet working instead, you wouldn't be in such financial despair, no?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The OP lives nowhere near civilization, yet has internet access?
I guess instead of playing wheres Waldo, we are now playing wheres the OP located?
It's been a day since the last sighting of the OP was made. He might very well be lost in the frozen tundra or high desert and until he resurfaces, we might never know where he lives. I think we have collectively decided he is either in Canada, Australia, Fargo, or possibly (now) in Margaritaville.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's been a day since the last sighting of the OP was made. He might very well be lost in the frozen tundra or high desert and until he resurfaces, we might never know where he lives. I think we have collectively decided he is either in Canada, Australia, Fargo, or possibly (now) in Margaritaville.

Maybe Saskatoon?

Re-Raise

My guess is that he loaded up the family in the wagon and headed to the General Store in town to trade some beaver pelts for matches and flour.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
My guess is that he loaded up the family in the wagon and headed to the General Store in town to trade some beaver pelts for matches and flour.
Keep up man! The guy has no cart, only a stroller and cheap rent. He has to walk hundreds of miles everywhere and there is nothing but internet where he lives that's why he is pisedoff about his kid's frozen wipey wipes. Do you really think the general store will have beaver pelt this time of year? His neighbors already walked down there in June to get them!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
c82337cd635a896d5054441bcab36f88f11fa8ba03af5a9512083a0061d0fa18.jpg
His brother probably lol.